Photo front page Telegraph

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
Barbarauttley
First Name: Barbara
Dog #1: Billy
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 08 Oct 2012

Photo front page Telegraph

Post by Barbarauttley »

There is a lovely large photo on the front page of the Sunday Telegraph and an even bigger one on the front of the inside "Sunday" supplement. It's a header for " Britains 25 most dog friendly pubs". Wearing a black and yellow jumper with a glass of beer in front!
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Photo front page Telegraph

Post by Dinkum »

I thought I would see if I could find a photo online. Here is one courtesy of the BBC. Looks like he needs a refill!

BBC The Papers
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

HI Billy,I last had a beer in an English pub in 91, so loved to see you at the bar and wished we could join you there to celebrate the acceptance of dogs in pubs...you look great by the way!
You should come to Italy,it's very dog friendly,we could even enjoy a meal in a restaurant together here.. :o3
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

My dog sits quietly at my feet under the table. He does not scream or climb all over the seats that someone wearing smart clothes will want to sit on. He does not run screaming round other diners tables or throw food on the floor but in many pubs he has to stay outside whatever the weather which means I stay with him. Even smokers are better catered for. I'm sure there are many nice pubs that accept dogs but not in walking distance of my house. I will be looking at the list as it will be of use when choosing our holiday with team schnauzer in UK this year
Barbarauttley
First Name: Barbara
Dog #1: Billy
Born: 08 Oct 2012

Post by Barbarauttley »

It's not a photo of Billy Jo although does look a lot like him! I don't know where the paper got the photo from but it was nice to see a Schnauzer illustrated!
trishyk56
Puppy
First Name: Tricia
Dog #1: Harry
Born: 11 Oct 2013

Post by trishyk56 »

Love the photo and the coat! :) My mini Harry will not wear his :(
AnnieMoon
First Name: Annie
Dog #1: Harriet
Born: 05 Oct 2017

Post by AnnieMoon »

Robin black mini wrote:HI Billy,I last had a beer in an English pub in 91, so loved to see you at the bar and wished we could join you there to celebrate the acceptance of dogs in pubs...you look great by the way!
You should come to Italy,it's very dog friendly,we could even enjoy a meal in a restaurant together here.. :o3
Is it really a dog friendly country? We're looking for a country we can enjoy with Harriet in the summer. We're looking for little towns and nature. We've been in north of France last year and that was a great trip to take her, but we don't want to go again to France this year. I don't know yet which countries are better for travelling with dogs.
Robin black mini

Hi Harriet,I'm in n Italy and there are lovely places to see and its very dog friendly,provided you respect the rules..( carry a good supply of poo bags,a soft muzzle in your purse,and keep dog on lead in the malls etc..) many restaurants will allow a well behaved,discrete,dog inside.i often take mine to the mall where every shop( except food) allow the dogs in. We have beautiful mountains to walk through and lots of little hamlets ,plus dynamic cities too.
I like the north,we don't have stray packs of dogs,and leishmania etc ..both are more common in the south..if you travel you will need a pet passport,with the rabies shot up to date,a month before you travel if you have to get it done.
Coming from Spain you will appreciate that summer temps can be 40c,so best to avoid July ,August ..
Anyway if you decide to travel,you can ask me more nearer the time. :)
AnnieMoon

Post by AnnieMoon »

Robin black mini wrote:Hi Harriet,I'm in n Italy and there are lovely places to see and its very dog friendly,provided you respect the rules..( carry a good supply of poo bags,a soft muzzle in your purse,and keep dog on lead in the malls etc..) many restaurants will allow a well behaved,discrete,dog inside.i often take mine to the mall where every shop( except food) allow the dogs in. We have beautiful mountains to walk through and lots of little hamlets ,plus dynamic cities too.
I like the north,we don't have stray packs of dogs,and leishmania etc ..both are more common in the south..if you travel you will need a pet passport,with the rabies shot up to date,a month before you travel if you have to get it done.
Coming from Spain you will appreciate that summer temps can be 40c,so best to avoid July ,August ..
Anyway if you decide to travel,you can ask me more nearer the time. :)
Well, we can't avoid august as it's when we have vacations, but we are used to it and we've been in Turkey and Greece three times in august, I don't think it will be worse in Italy, in Madrid we also have days over 40ºC :P
We have 20 days, and as we've been in Venezia, Verona, Firenze and Milan already, I was thinking maybe we can go to Cinqueterre, Lake Como area and the dolomites, staying in the north because of the heath. Maybe even get to Innsbruck and Salzburg, as we already know Switzerland. It would be great if we can take Harriet with us in a plane to Milan, but I'm not sure about her weight with 10 months. If not, we should go by car all the way from Madrid.
Robin black mini

How tall is Harriet? If she can stay in a Sherpa bag it's the perfect way to travel..if not I'd not trust putting her in the hold...too hot on the Tarmac when they unload,too risky if you have a switch to trust they get your dog synced in with your flight. And also,not all holds are air conditioned for pets...there are some awful horror stories...
We've flown to USA multiple times with a ddb mastiff and a rottie...not by choice,but necessity ,as it was a two year stay,with six monthly return flights to Italy.i vowed I'd never put a dog below stairs ever again.
AnnieMoon

Post by AnnieMoon »

Right now she can stay in a Sherpa bag (we have one), but this will be in 7 months, and she'll be bigger. I saw two airlines and they say the dog must be max 8kg. so I'm afraid that when the day arrives she''ll be over 8kg and they'll make me put the dog below stairs, I'm not to keen on that. So I guess we'll do it by car, but Madrid is soooo far away. I need 3 days to get to north Italy and another 3 to come back, so I'll lose 6 days of 20. Not to keen on that either.
But the breeder goes to competitions all over Europe and he told me he takes the dogs on the plane cabin with him, so I think they are permissive about that rule, as I don't believe all his dogs are under 8kg.
NadiaOr
Puppy
First Name: Nadia
Dog #1: Kimmy
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 28 Sep 2017

Post by NadiaOr »

Great picture, I love the bee style jumper! Should go and check these bars ;)
Robin black mini

AnnieMoon wrote:Right now she can stay in a Sherpa bag (we have one), but this will be in 7 months, and she'll be bigger. I saw two airlines and they say the dog must be max 8kg. so I'm afraid that when the day arrives she''ll be over 8kg and they'll make me put the dog below stairs, I'm not to keen on that. So I guess we'll do it by car, but Madrid is soooo far away. I need 3 days to get to north Italy and another 3 to come back, so I'll lose 6 days of 20. Not to keen on that either.
But the breeder goes to competitions all over Europe and he told me he takes the dogs on the plane cabin with him, so I think they are permissive about that rule, as I don't believe all his dogs are under 8kg.
They don't weight the dog,the dog has to fit in the bag,happily,....
Eg.i have flown a st poodle pup from Vienna to Italy,,,once aboard we opened the zipper to let her head out...the stewardess let me sit in the back of the plane with pup on my knee...lufthanza airlines( really lovely ) .
Robin is 9.6 kilos but I'd only travel with the bag..never below...never ever.Shed be fine,as long as she's with me.