moser arco cordless clippers

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
nickynoo
Puppy
First Name: Nicky

moser arco cordless clippers

Post by nickynoo »

Hi all. Very excited to get the moser arco clippers yesterday. I have a question regarding blade size. The moser blade is adjustable and has three main settings marked i,ii,iii, with a couple of unmarked settings in between. It says if using the comb attachments ensure you are on position i. What sizes are these settings equivalent too? When watching videos they talk about 7f, 10 and such like and i dont know how this relates to the moser. I need to know what setting i need to have it on to do hair between paws, butterfly and sanitary, cheeks and neck, ears. The rest i am stripping or scissoring. I have never used clippers before so please excuse if this is a dumb question. I wanted to practice on the hubby first but for some reason he refused!
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: moser arco cordless clippers

Post by Dawnspell »

I've just got the same clippers but just keep messing about trial and error =)) no idea about 7fs.

My son was more than willing to let me try them out on him as he said I wasn't cutting it short enough with scissors at the back. Hubby was desperate for a cut but couldn't get hair appointment so asked if I'd do it. I said yes if I can use my new clippers. He said no way. Guess who got to use new clippers on hubby too =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I strip the body and currently head,clip ears,throat,sanitary ,underpads etc..

Re arch mosers..
Setting 1.... 1 mm....underpads
Setting 2 ...2 mm ...ears,throat and cheeks..and head if you wish( I'm currently reverting to stripping here on my black) too many white hairs appearing..
Setting 3.... Sanitary and butt area..
There are 4 combs.
3 mm...I use under the tail and strip the top
6mm
9mm. I do not use these combs..
12 mm..I run a belly strip ,centrally down the belly...leaving a side skirt to scissor.
nickynoo
Puppy

Post by nickynoo »

Thank you both. Very helpful. I love how quiet they are. Herbie thinks theyre a great toy! But ive managed to do the butterfly in 5 secs. How brill. Jo, im persevering with the stripping of the head too as i dont want it to grey. He has no wire there at all yet but hes only a pup so we will see how it goes. The beauty of doing this yourself is you can take your time. No need to stress yourself or the dog. I really love it and hope i can make him look helf decent. X
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I ve been happy to clip the head 2.5 years,but have just started to see these white head hairs peppering in...
My finest knife ( specifically for head and ears)is pulling the head hair ,like fluff...it's not wire here yet but I will persevere....If it still grows in with white hairs I will go back to clippers here,but I think it will revert.
rusky
Puppy
First Name: Russell
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Nov 2016

Post by rusky »

nickynoo wrote:Thank you both. Very helpful. I love how quiet they are. Herbie thinks theyre a great toy! But ive managed to do the butterfly in 5 secs. How brill. Jo, im persevering with the stripping of the head too as i dont want it to grey. He has no wire there at all yet but hes only a pup so we will see how it goes. The beauty of doing this yourself is you can take your time. No need to stress yourself or the dog. I really love it and hope i can make him look helf decent. X
I'm curious, what's the butterfly??
nickynoo
Puppy

Post by nickynoo »

The "butterfly" as i understand it, is the white patch directly below the tail and the butt. On a black and silver dog it is seen as white and is kind of butterfly shaped. Im not sure how or if you even need to identify it on the other colours. I guess on those colours there will still be a difference between that bit of fur and the coat coming round from the hind quarters. For stripping purposes, black and silver is easy to follow. Strip the black bits and clip or scissor the rest. Thats the theory anyway. Im a complete novice and have to learn all these skills.
rusky
Puppy
First Name: Russell
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Nov 2016

Post by rusky »

Ah, I see!

I thought it looked like a hipster moustache :))