Thinning Scissors

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
dannie_kl

Re: Thinning Scissors

Post by dannie_kl »

Tulip wrote:Dannie, would you recommend the chunkers? I've been looking at texturisers, Groomers doesn't have a good range, should I be looking at Dezynadog or HUB? I'd rather buy texturisers than thinners as I already have some Wahl ones that are, tbf, crappy but work ok for me.
Honestly? No not for a novice groomer, they take alot out in one fell swoop and as i say i do have to be careful! I do still use my thinners where i know i need to be careful as i can cut once and know its not going to be a severe cut or an Oooops situation but if i have alot of coat to take out or like my friends cavvie who is very thick coated and she will only have him thinned not clipped, my chunkers save me a great deal of time and the one or two finer points i do with thinners. Get a decent pair of thinners and get confident with using them and how to use them first before you even consider chunkers-well thats my opinion anyway.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

That's a fair comment then, I'll wait until I'm more steady with thinners then! Thanks love, I'd rather honest than me spend a lot of money on the wrong scissors!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

No problem love, i think for doing your two you'll be fine with thinners anyway, i normally use my chunckers mainly for thick coated cockers tbh.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Fabby, I shall go ahead and get some good thinners then instead!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Beth if you are going to any summer shows there might be a stall or two there where you can feel the scissors in your hands and know how they feel when you hold them properly. being a lefty it might be worth doing?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

That's a good point, I hadn't even thought of that, there's always Groomers stands at champ shows! I think I'll do that then, I want to make sure I spend my money wisely!
Snazy
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Tara
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 09 Sep 1998
Dog #2: Fria
is a: White Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Apr 2012
Dog #3: Vala
Born: 28 Feb 2012
is a: Black Giant Bitch

Post by Snazy »

Why don't you go to the DeZynadog shop, you aren't that far away in Norfolk, and they give the best advice about finding scissors suitable for what you want and in the budget you have.
'Pedigree indicates what the animal should be
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be
But performance indicates what the animal is'

Anonymous

Beanara Minature & Giant Schnauzers
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I had no idea there was one close by! Oh dear, I'll go in for scissors and come out with far more I suspect, eep! Thanks, Jo!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Oh yea forgot you were close to the dezynadog shop