We've lost Susie-Belle

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

We've lost Susie-Belle

Post by BeeBee »

Sadly we had to let Susie-Belle go last night. She didn't suffer, we promised her she'd never suffer again in her life and she didn't.
She had a fit on Friday night, now we know it was most likely her tumour affecting her brain. But yesterday she was fine, perfectly herself. Till the afternoon when she became unsettled, but still relatively ok. In the evening, she wouldn't eat, and started fitting again but it didn't stop. The emergency vet was excellent, thankfully, and, taking all information into account that she got both from us, and a few tests she quickly ran, together we decided the kindest thing was not to prolong the inevitable for my sweet, darling girl, and we let her slip off into peace.

It is the worst time, the most painful time right now, but, we know her life mattered, and will continue to. Her 4 years of life she had once she got out of the puppy farm hell, were the best we could offer her. I know she made the most of every minute she had of freedom. Through my writing I have found a voice I didn't know I had, and she gave me that. The bond we had is like nothing I could ever have imagined it would become when I adopted her. And in her name I will continue to fight the industry that causes such suffering. Today is horrible, but I will pull myself together for Twinkle and Renae.
Susie-Belle, my darling, my muse, my special one, you're now with Jasmine, forever at peace.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Re: We've lost Susie-Belle

Post by GaryThomlinson »

I'm so incredibly upset to hear this but you know you've always done your best and the right thing by her. It will be a painful time but you've some fantastic memories that others could never know. All our love to you.
Gary
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

I'm so so sorry to read this and my heart goes out to you at this very sad time, you did your best for her over the years that you had her and I admire you for rescuing her and giving her a good life. You will be hurting so much just now I do hope you can remember the happy times soon. Sending hugs to you :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

I will treasure your book always

Christine & Suzi xx
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

I am so sorry to hear this and it seems like it happened a lot sooner than expected. I have been where you are and it is just the worst thing but I am sure that you may take some comfort in the fact that Susie-Belle will live on in her book.
Although her life may have started out badly you have the satisfaction of knowing that it finished in the best way possible.
RIP Susie-Belle.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

So sad she's gone but so pleased she got the last 4 years of her life that she deserved and she didn't suffer in the end. Sending hugs to you all :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Nika C
First Name: danika
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

This isn't news any of us wanted or expected to wake up to today, but I know this is countless times harder for you.
You've done amazing things, both for gorgeous Susie-Belle, and fighting against the terrible start in life that bought her to you (and of course, now, for Twinkle too).
This houses thoughts are with you today.
Sleep tight precious Susie-Belle xx
Sharon H
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Falls of Clyde
Born: 14 Jul 2009
Dog #2: Lichstone Midnight L
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 08 May 2011
Dog #3: Quickpaw Mr Blue Sky
Born: 12 Dec 2013

Post by Sharon H »

I feel like I've lost one of my own. She was such a special little girl. Many :ymhug: to you and Michel. XXX
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Such a special little dog :x Not only has she changed the course of your life, she has managed to teach people about the horrors of puppy farming and was the inspiration behind Schnauzerfest, this will continue thanks to you.

Reading all the messages on Facebook today shows that her message has spread far across the world and her story has made others decide to rescue dogs from puppy farms too.

You gave her that voice Beebee, be proud - very proud indeed ^:)^

We will fight on in her name O:-)

Big :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to you, M, Renae and Twinkle………and to the many others that have been deeply affected by this sad news.

Run free beautiful girl, I will miss you more than I can say, but you will never be forgotten.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Saint Indy
First Name: Susie
Dog #1: Indy
Born: 06 May 2009

Post by Saint Indy »

So sorry to hear this sad news, big :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to you all.

Run free beautiful Susie-Belle
Last edited by Saint Indy on 22 Nov 2015, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

I was really so sad to wake up to this news today. Susie-Belle had a great life with you and your family, you gave her the very best.

These little dogs are so strong for so long, until illness takes them away from us. The pain of their passing is unbearable.

My thoughts are with you all at this heartbreaking time.

Run free beautiful Susie-Belle, you will never be forgotten xxx
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Our dearest little Susie-Belle, we are going to miss you and you have left large paw prints on so many hearts.

From that first walk, where you were 'on loan' from Janet, to the gales under canvas, the gentle reminders that you were there whilst we did the BBQ, the early morning checking on the boys in their tent to the lovely walks out in the woods, we are going to miss you.

From that shy little lady who wouldn't walk past anyone on that first walk to the little bump and grind you did when you wanted to play with Watson, we are going to miss you.

In your short time with us, you changed so many of us, you changed how we thought of rescue dogs, you changed our perceptions on puppy farms, you got us campaigning for all the dogs that are still there, still suffering. We will miss you and your fight will go on.

Rest in peace, little one, we will miss you.

Beebee, keep strong. You should be immensely proud of the hard work and dedication you put into making Susie-Belle's last few years as enjoyable as you could. Thank you for sharing her and her story with us. We've learnt much over the years and she has left huge paw prints on our hearts. :ymhug:

From all of us :x

Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
rich 40
First Name: Richard

Post by rich 40 »

Sorry to hear that very much enjoyed reading about her. Sweet dog!
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi J,
Through Susie-Belle and where she took you in her life , you have inspired so many including me to rescue. On reading the news this morning I hugged Nellie just a little bit more. Without knowing of SB, I would not have Nellie.So I thank you for bringing her story into my life.
To me as an outsider, I really do think you and SB were meant to meet, your special relationship was a catalyst for both of you.
She like others began her life dreadfully but the past 4 years she has had the most essential ingredient added to her life ....love.

What an inspiration you both are.
My thoughts are with you and M. Hope Twinkle and Renae are ok too.

Julia, Breagh and Nellie xx
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

So so sorry to hear this very sad news. 2 beautiful fur babies gone from our lives in 4 days. I hope they both run free in the sunshine at peace and pain free. My thoughts are with you and your family :ymhug:
lj_thorne
First Name: Lisa
Dog #1: Barnaby
Born: 16 Oct 2010
Dog #2: Albert
Born: 24 Jul 2012
Dog #3: Sherman
Born: 21 Sep 2014

Post by lj_thorne »

I am truly so so sorry to hear this news today. Susie-Belle has done so much in her life and she has helped to change the lives of so many for the better.

I'm so pleased my boys and I got to meet her and we just want to send you a lot of :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Run free Susie-Belle xxx
Human slave to my three furry boys Albert, Sherman and Rupert the Bear

Barnaby 🌈

https://m.facebook.com/schnauzerlads/