Me again...growling when being picked up

The Miniature Schnauzer is a smallest dog in the Schnauzer breed and originated in the mid-to-late 19th Century from Germany. The Miniature Schnauzer is a cross between the Standard Schnauzer and other smaller breeds such as the Poodle. A miniature Schnauzer is a spunky, but aloof dog who does things their own way. They tend to be good guard dogs without the tendency to bite.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Schnauzer Floyd

Re: Me again...growling when being picked up

Post by Schnauzer Floyd »

My father actually developed a hernia after lifting 56 kilo Floyd into my car !!!!!!!!!!!!! How awful is that ??! I felt terrible !!!!

Floyd refuses to jump into the car on his own ! so I have to lift his front legs in and then his back legs !!!! it's embarrassing ! The only time he jumps in voluntarily is when I collect him from the groomer's !!!! Ha !
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

How about a ramp, my friend has one for her Aussie Shepherds.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
pastylover
First Name: Peter
Dog #1: Boda
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 08 Dec 2014

Post by pastylover »

Schnauzer Floyd wrote: Floyd refuses to jump into the car on his own ! so I have to lift his front legs in and then his back legs !!!! it's embarrassing ! The only time he jumps in voluntarily is when I collect him from the groomer's !!!! Ha !
Maggie started that game, so I tempted her in with a treat....and guess what....after a day or so, no treat, no leap. Yesterday after our walk I shut the tailgate and drove off a few yards with the other 2 on board. When I stopped and opened it again, there was a large black rocket hurling itself on board, although I'm sure being a Giant, she'll try it on again.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Puuuurleaaaaase.... Don't Go Without MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! (giggle) I can just see that black rocket now!!
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
sugarbear

Post by sugarbear »

pastylover wrote:
Schnauzer Floyd wrote: Floyd refuses to jump into the car on his own ! so I have to lift his front legs in and then his back legs !!!! it's embarrassing ! The only time he jumps in voluntarily is when I collect him from the groomer's !!!! Ha !
Maggie started that game, so I tempted her in with a treat....and guess what....after a day or so, no treat, no leap. Yesterday after our walk I shut the tailgate and drove off a few yards with the other 2 on board. When I stopped and opened it again, there was a large black rocket hurling itself on board, although I'm sure being a Giant, she'll try it on again.
I agree with pastylover. If he has done it once the cat is out of the bag! He is just being crafty. If he won't get in put him back in the house. It won't be long before he will jump in on his own.
My girls
sugarbear &
jasmine
Schnauzer Floyd

Post by Schnauzer Floyd »

Oh he's perfectly capable of jumping in on his own. Sometimes, if I am in the mood to play the battle of wills, I will eventually get him in the car.....but to save time (and arguments !) I just give in and lift him in ! Like many Schnauzer owners, I am too soft with him and he is ruined as a result of course !!!!
suesboys

Post by suesboys »

I know exactly what you mean, because Caff has to be lifted into the car, Worthy just stands there, looks up at me as if to say, well you lifted him, so you can lift me! Its surprising, if he thinks he is going to be told off or gone without, he to flys in!