Stay dry water dish

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Stay dry water dish

Post by Dawnspell »

Anyone tried one of these? I don't have a problem with Barney and wet beard dribble but I know I've read its a problem for some. Supposed to help reduce beard staining as well. Guess you have to buy one to find out :)
http://www.thewoof.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Gina

Re: Stay dry water dish

Post by Gina »

It looks like the same principle as the water bottles with a ball bearing in the top - the dog licks the ball bearing and when the bearing moves the water is delivered. Bought one for ioli and it was a case of " for eff sake Mum, I want a drink, not a dribble!" so now I unscrew it and pour it into a bowl. May get a slobbery kiss but at least I have a happy pup :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Nika C
First Name: danika
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 1- 0

Post by Nika C »

Gina wrote:It looks like the same principle as the water bottles with a ball bearing in the top - the dog licks the ball bearing and when the bearing moves the water is delivered. Bought one for ioli and it was a case of " for eff sake Mum, I want a drink, not a dribble!" so now I unscrew it and pour it into a bowl. May get a slobbery kiss but at least I have a happy pup :)

I bought one of those bottles each for Branock and PJ for their birthdays in September, both are yet to take a drink from them, they really don't 'get' them and I'm at a loss how to teach them!
Bran's beard is constantly damp as his beard tends to fall forward over his little wet nose :)
Gina

Post by Gina »

I bought (and discarded) a refillable water bottle from the vending machine at work - you had to suck really hard to get the water through. Think it is the same for the pups and the bottles, yes the water is there but you can't get a good, thirst quenching slurp out them :)

Using Tapatalk
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

I use the road refresher bowls.

It works really well for Rupert and we never have a wet beard. Watson, however, leaves a trail of water droplets behind him when finished.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
weekendwarriorad
First Name: Adam
Dog #1: Arthur
Born: 08 Sep 2013

Post by weekendwarriorad »

I also use road refresher for inside Arthur's crate in the van mainly because it doesn't spill. It cuts down on dripping beards a bit also, rather then getting the full dunk.

I remember when it was on the dragons den. They didn't like it but I do!

annie_a

Post by annie_a »

Dinkum wrote:I use the road refresher bowls.

It works really well for Rupert and we never have a wet beard. Watson, however, leaves a trail of water droplets behind him when finished.
I use a road refresher for long car journeys, a great invention. Hadn't thought about using it inside for everyday use though. I'll give it a go if you think it might cut down on drippy (& therefore ginger stained) beard.
ZiiPAngelclaws
First Name: Hayley

Post by ZiiPAngelclaws »

we dont really have a problem with wet beards, but for journeys and long walks i have one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/H2O4K9-Water-Bo ... rds=H2O4K9

You use the lid as a bowl, saves carrying anything else ;)
Teaeee
First Name: Jill
Dog #1: Pebble
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 May 2014

Post by Teaeee »

I have the smaller version of this - it is brilliant. Pebble drinks out of it very happily and no dripping - can be a real bonus when out and about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weekendwarriorad
First Name: Adam
Dog #1: Arthur
Born: 08 Sep 2013

Post by weekendwarriorad »

I have the small version also for hikes! Keeps the water cool really cool too.