girls looking for home

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

girls looking for home

Post by jacdales »

Has anyone seen this add who might want to give the girls a home

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classified ... omney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: girls looking for home

Post by mikegoodson1 »

If you wanted your dogs to go to a good home due to downsizing etc (as per the ad) and having to look after an elderly relative, why would you charge £650 each for them?

Doesn't sound right to me. If I was in that position, I would not be after financial remuneration, I would just want to ensure they went to a loving home.

Just my thoughts.
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

Sad to say but it is often seen as a way to make sure they go to people who can afford to look after them properly. Keeping a dog is not cheap whether it be in time or money spent on looking after them.

I see nothing wrong really in someone trying to make back some of their costs especially if they are going to be looking after an elderly person. To me it doesn't mean they love their pet any less.

I assume they will still vet the new owners as far as possible.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Fair enough, I didn't think of it from that point of view.

I guess I'm quick to be too suspicious of this sort of advert, rather than looking at it from the 'good' side of someone being genuine :(
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

mikegoodson1 wrote:If you wanted your dogs to go to a good home due to downsizing etc (as per the ad) and having to look after an elderly relative, why would you charge £650 each for them?

Doesn't sound right to me. If I was in that position, I would not be after financial remuneration, I would just want to ensure they went to a loving home.

Just my thoughts.
I agree with mike..the dogs are overpriced for a rehome...I think 200 pounds is more than enough for a five year old dog,plus it is sad to see they will be rehomed "separately or together"..this amounts to "casual in the extreme "on the part of the seller,for the fact these will be two bonded companions.
The free to a good home ads ,do attract the wrong category,but this ad seems to be putting money before the dogs.

I have to add that I "took on my elderly father " in '92.,,,my mom had als, and I returned to uk ( with a toddler of 18 m),from Italy ,to be her home carer for six months ,so that she could be allowed to die with dignity at her home.i saw my dad had the first signs of Parkinson's and when mom passed I returned to my hub and seven yr son ,with grandad in tow...
My dad had eight more years with us...we had an elderly silky terrier who had emigrated with us from uk and brought in a new dogue de Bordeaux pup...my elderly father revelled in the dogs .he loved to chat to them,even when dementia took his mind..stroke them when they pressed against him for a cuddle.
Anyone with the role of carer for a sick or elderly person should really welcome the assistance of good companion dogs ...their work will be enriched for sure.
I cannot fathom letting these two ,bonded schnauzer girls go ,for the reason they have an elderly relative to take care of...for me my dogs helped my dad so much in his illness..it would be like cutting out family members...and to think that they will separate these two girls for cash ,is really upsetting to me.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

The advertisers are breeders so these may be ex-breeding bitches. They were advertising puppies only a couple of months ago at exorbitant prices:

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classified ... omney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

Grrr why can't they just tell the truth?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

jacdales wrote:Grrr why can't they just tell the truth?
It is so frustrating trying to distinguish the truth in online posts / adverts!

These poor mini girls do deserve a loving forever home of course and hopefully they will find one very soon but it would help if people were honest about the circumstances of rehoming.

These are not the first minis the advertisers have put on P4H at about 4/5 years old for rehoming although not with the same story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

To give a different story..over here ( Italy)there is a really well respected breeder of minis,who shows,health tests and breeds just three litters from his females before they retire..
He has advertised on his website that he has a waiting list for his retired show girls who have had their three litters,are health tested and lead trained.They have lived in his house as family pets and will go only to vetted ,schnauzer experienced families...he does not charge for the adoption but the adopters must pay to spay the female. These girls are about the same age as the dogs in the ad..to me this seems a better option..as obviously a breeder cannot keep all his dogs,but should want the very best homes for them after they retire.