Sasha and Oscar

Everything you need to know about bringing a puppy into your life starts here. How to find that Schnauzer puppy, what to look for in a breeder, early care, training and feeding are all covered. We even cover Schnauzer crocodile teeth.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Sasha and Oscar

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Sasha (8 weeks old) came home Sunday lunchtime and has settled in really well - she loves Oscar (our 2 year old boy mini) and follows him around everywhere, she clearly looks up to him already.

However he isn't that impressed at present. He see's her as a bit of an irritant and generally walks away from her. Today I think he is a little better and now lets her approach him and has started sniffing around her too but he barks at her now and again, it seems like a playful bark rather than an aggressive bark (if that makes sense). Sasha stands up for herself and is also good at being submissive (laying on her back showing her tummy) so I think that helps the situation.

It's only the first full day and so I hope he learns to love her like we do - she certainly loves him.

A couple of snaps of her below.

zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Sasha and Oscar

Post by zeta1454 »

Sasha looks very sweet. I am sure that Oscar will come to love her too. It is still early days and Oscar will gradually realise that she can be a best friend and playmate. The size difference can be a bit scary for the older dog and things will be better when Sasha is bigger and Oscar can play with her on more equal terms.

Fun times ahead for you all :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Al T

Post by Al T »

Brilliant...great times
Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

She's so beautiful!
Things sound really positive and will only improve..the third picture is lovely,how tiny she is.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Thanks so much for the comments, I cannot believe how tiny she is either, it's hard to believe Oscar was ever that small but he was ;-)

I have noticed that Sasha likes to nip your chin/nose but we have plenty of teething toys to quickly use as replacements.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Beautiful she is tiny compared to our Gino when he was 8 weeks old, but they grow so fast and the weeks will disappear now she is home....Enjoy
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl