Cookie control box

Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Barbarauttley
First Name: Barbara
Dog #1: Billy
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 08 Oct 2012

Cookie control box

Post by Barbarauttley »

Not a doggy question! Every time I access the forum a cookie control box comes up in the bottom left hand corner. I tap it off but it will come back each time I change to another topic. I don't have this problem with other sites I visit and only here recently. Any advice please.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Re: Cookie control box

Post by Dinkum »

It will nag you until you accept the cookies that it wants to place. If you click in the X that appears, it will store a cookie saying it has been accepted and you won't see the triangle in the corner or the pop anymore. However, there is a caveat.

If your browser is set to delete cookies when you close down, then you will get the pop-ups again when you re-open your browser.

The legislation is funny, as we have to store a cookie that let's us know your preference.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Barbarauttley
First Name: Barbara
Dog #1: Billy
Born: 08 Oct 2012

Re: Cookie control box

Post by Barbarauttley »

Thank you for your reply Dean.I do click the x in the box and it does go off but returns again when I have a look at another topic on the site. It's probably me and I have done something at some time that has caused the problem.
I might have to play the "silver surfer card" and ask my son to have a look. Drat!