Occy with GoPro Camera

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
SimonD
First Name: Simon

Occy with GoPro Camera

Post by SimonD »

Hi All

Just thought I would pop some pics up of Occy with his camera fitted.

Still getting to grips with how it works but it's fun. The harness is for humans but fits him well. I have had to use a couple of extension pieces to try and get it over his head.

I did pop one video of a biking expedition but hopefully will be making another one soon. Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gina

Re: Occy with GoPro Camera

Post by Gina »

Doesn't seem to bother him at all Simon :). Will be interesting to see some of his adventures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
SimonD
First Name: Simon

Post by SimonD »

Day 1 of Occys GoPro adventures has concluded. I have ended up with a two minute video clip of me fitting the camera to Oc. Then nothing. A technical error on my behalf. If nothing else he ran round with it on and didn't loose the camera in the forest. The camera also took some knocks against trees and posts and has survived. I'm not convinced the human harness is completely suitable. The camera spent quite a lot of time hanging to the side during out exercise. My neighbour has advised me in "horse land" to keep the saddle in a set position they sometimes use leather shammies. That may be a possibility.

ImageImage
Gina

Post by Gina »

Hmm - I can see a leather chamois (? :) ) gripping on a horse's coat/skin but would have thought Occy's fur may be too thick?

Using Tapatalk
Gina

Post by Gina »

P.s. Not got a better suggestion though sorry :(

Using Tapatalk
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

You can get dog harnesses for them. This one fits a large (48kg) giant. The fasteners are rubbish though and need replacing immediately. This works fine with my Xiaomi Yi camera but I believe it is usable for GoPros too.

Oops - forgot the link. https://www.fasttech.com/p/3874600
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I recently bought two beautiful harnesses from m and b harnesses uk...
http://mbdogharnesses.co.uk/catalog/59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The work was fine and Martin will work wth you to make you whatever you want...
Tell him Josephine in Italy recommended you,lol,it will help my street cred. :ymhug:
Seriously..you need a more stable pad on the shoulders to keep the camera from slipping.also maybe a higher strut to get the dogs head from obscuring the images.