Schnauzerfest Scotland

Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Schnauzerfest Scotland

Post by Donald »

I'm thinking we want something in the Central Belt-Perth area and something farther north.

Does anyone have the dates or the Schnauzer Fun Day? It is usually around then and would fit nicely for the Sunday.

I'm sure that Kay, Max and Luath would like to join in so somewhere in or around Carnoustie would be good. Farther north anyone? I'm in Aberdeen and am happy for anywhere between the Central Belt and Inverness.

I can guarantee giants :)
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Schnauzerfest Scotland

Post by BeeBee »

Fab, you've got the first walk off the ground....or walks, I forget Scotland is a bit big for just the one :D
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Donald

Post by Donald »

It's (just) longer than England :P

It may be only 60% of the land area of England but it is bigger than a lot of people think.

If you count the islands it is 500 miles from Baltasound in Unst to Gretna which is very close to the border. Muckle Flugga is even farther north but since RAF Saxa Vord closed in the 90's is the northernmost inhabited part of the UK.

From Gretna to Penzance is 469 miles.
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Careful Donald you'll soon be organising walks in several Scottish locations, islands included :)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
Donald

Post by Donald »

Sadly the islands are expensive to get to.

I spent 4 months working in Shetland in 1989. Two friends came up to visit for a couple of weeks. It cost them more than the following two weeks which involved getting to the South of France.
seven
Puppy
First Name: Gayle
Dog #1: Belle
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Aug 2012

Post by seven »

We are in Edinburgh but happy to travel. Carnoustie would be fine for us.

One mini guaranteed.
Donald

Post by Donald »

Right, I'll cast around for good walks in the Carnoustie area with a shorter option for those who don't want to walk for hours.
Arbormalc
First Name: Malcolm
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2006
Dog #2: Ziva
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jun 2009
Dog #3: Pippa
Born: 05 Dec 2012
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Post by Arbormalc »

I've been away for quite a while but am back although probably not 'full-time'. But It won't be a couple of 'gap' years this time, I hope. I just got too busy and then things slide.......

Anyway, i'd be happy to bring my two (and third - if we're lucky enough to adopt another - though shhhh!we are looking at glances both ways other breeds like Welshies, Wire Fox and Lakelands, but I think it'll be a Schnauzie - "if it ain't broke........") to some place like Carnoustie.

There must be more around on here......................................
Owned by - 3x Mini's (all rescues). Oscar 8 and Ziva 5 and Pippa 18mths. and our gorgeous new rescue 14mth old Tanya - our very first Giant!!!
Turbo22
First Name: Andrew
Dog #1: Turbo
Born: 14 Jun 2012
Dog #2: Kaspar
is a: P/S Giant Dog
Born: 22 May 2013

Post by Turbo22 »

Kaspar and Turbo are available for any schnauzer shenanigans.Carnoustie is fine by me.Last year the walk on the beach at Tayport was ideal( apart from the cow pats on the beach) and not that far from Dundee/Carnoustie.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I had a totally impromptu schnauzer walk this morning which was nice. 4 giants and plenty of rain and mud :)

Fortunately a pond to rinse off the worst of the mud as well.

I just discovered I was supposed to be working the appropriate weekend but that has now been sorted. :)

So a southern venue on Saturday 18th and a northern one on Sunday 19th?

I don't know south west Scotland at all well so if anyone from the West has suggestions?

Then Carnoustie or points north on Sunday 19th?

Bring cake as the 19th is my birthday :))

I'll bring some liver cake.
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Brilliant Donald, I was hoping we'd get at least one Scottish Schnauzerfest confirmed, but two will be brilliant :D
Donald

Post by Donald »

I'm looking now at either Loch Lomond or Cramond on the 18th and Donmouth on the northern side of Aberdeen on the Sunday. I'll need to check the tides for timings though. I'll put up directions soon. Cramond is a known quantity and there are a few nice walks in that area. Donmouth is a place I love to take the dogs, if the tide is out you can walk about 15 miles along the beach. Not that I intend such a marathon...
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Sounds lovely Donald, wish I could be up there to join in ;)
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Donald wrote:I'm looking now at either Loch Lomond or Cramond on the 18th and Donmouth on the northern side of Aberdeen on the Sunday. I'll need to check the tides for timings though. I'll put up directions soon. Cramond is a known quantity and there are a few nice walks in that area. Donmouth is a place I love to take the dogs, if the tide is out you can walk about 15 miles along the beach. Not that I intend such a marathon...
Great, if you can post up location, postcode and times we'll add to the events on Facebook and the map. People are asking :D ...and keen :)
Donald

Post by Donald »

Donmouth is AB23 8DR.

There is a car park near the end of Donmouth Road that will hold 20-30 cars.
In the high tide and low tide chart, we can see that the first low tide will be at 5:10 h and the next low tide at 17:25 h. The first high tide will be at 11:25 h and the next high tide at 23:40 h.

So a start time around 2pm would give plenty of time to walk for as many miles as desired.