Giant Schnauzer needing a home from Cyprus

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
Sue T
First Name: susan
Dog #1: Molly
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Dec 2010

Giant Schnauzer needing a home from Cyprus

Post by Sue T »

Just posted on Facebook on Annual Schnauzer walk page. I year old Giant Schnauzer bitch called Tanja in need of a home from Cyprus. If she had been a mini I would be interested but feel she might be a bit too much for me. Wondered if anybody might be interested.
Owned by 1 p/s mini, 1 black labrador and sec d Cob 1995 - 14th August 2012
Arbormalc
First Name: Malcolm
Dog #1: Oscar
Born: 01 Mar 2006
Dog #2: Ziva
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jun 2009
Dog #3: Pippa
Born: 05 Dec 2012

Re: Giant Schnauzer needing a home from Cyprus

Post by Arbormalc »

OK i'm ready for some mild 'ribbing' here.

I'm speaking to the KEnnel owner who has this lovely (i've seen the photo's and video) girl to adopt.

If we can overcome the logistical hurdles and it doesn't cost the earth, then we'll do our best to bring her to a lovely home in the Scottish 'highlands' with many forest, beach and riverside walks. I'll be seeking plenty of advice from you all on the issues which lie ahead for me, I know a lot have both sizes. Watch these spaces!!!
Owned by - 3x Mini's (all rescues). Oscar 8 and Ziva 5 and Pippa 18mths. and our gorgeous new rescue 14mth old Tanya - our very first Giant!!!
Sue T
First Name: susan
Dog #1: Molly
Born: 25 Dec 2010

Post by Sue T »

Hope it happens for you. If she had been a mini I might have been able to talk hubby round.
Owned by 1 p/s mini, 1 black labrador and sec d Cob 1995 - 14th August 2012
Arbormalc

Post by Arbormalc »

The 'rescue' which has Tanya has set up a fundraising page to raise half the (around £650-700) needed to re-home her to US here in Scotland. We'll match the half and a little more...

Please feel free to contribute or just share this with whomever you can.......

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/t ... nd-/196614
Owned by - 3x Mini's (all rescues). Oscar 8 and Ziva 5 and Pippa 18mths. and our gorgeous new rescue 14mth old Tanya - our very first Giant!!!
Arbormalc

Post by Arbormalc »

Tanya will arrive here in Scotland on 3rd August. WOW - can;t wait. Thanks to all for help and encouraging words. The fun begins soon..........
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

You'll be fine. It just takes time and patience. Other dogs around can help. Or hinder. Good luck!