Best Dog Clippers

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Re: Best Dog Clippers

Post by Robin black mini »

Bodee wrote:Hi
I'm new here and have just been "lurking" and appreciating the the vast amount of information available from these threads. However I feel I might have already made a mistake on reading down this thread.

When the lady who groomed Max said she could no longer cope I decided to groom him myself. I bought what I thought were ideal clippers for both of us (quiet and cordless) the Aesculap gt405 corded/ cordless clippers.

Sadly, Max (a P&S standard) had to be put to sleep just short of his 15th birthday before I had a chance to groom him.

I am now waiting to collect my new companion Milla, a black miniature schnauzer, in September and I plan to groom her myself.

Hi bodie..can I suggest you start a new thread on this ...this post was started in 2011
You will get lots of info and help..but repost if you will.

The reason I am a bit unsure now of my purchase, is that no one on this thread has mentioned the Aesculap range. Can someone tell me, is it because these clippers are unsuitable or are they just not good enough to be used by professional groomers? (some of you seem to fall into that category from reading your posts)
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Bodie. This is an old post..circa 2011
If you start a new post with your question.. you will get more responses.. :)
Evan Nicholls
First Name: Evan

Post by Evan Nicholls »

Just like humans, dog also needs to be groomed on a daily basis. A set of clippers allow you to trim your dog’s coat so that he remains comfortable without all that fur getting in the way. But choosing the best dog clipper (https://masterclip.co.uk/products-dog-clippers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) requires few factors such as blade and cutter size, motor speed or purpose of usage.
For heavy usage, you will require a clipper which has interchangeable option of blades. Most of the best dog clippers come with their own proprietary blades. Ceramic blades can be very useful for this purpose because they do not conduct heat much so they are perfect for long grooming sessions.
You may opt to choose cordless dog clipper for better convenience but they are slower in comparison to corded clippers. They are not very efficient to provide better grooming. But if your dog requires clipping at short intervals, cordless is a good option.