Stripping - Novice

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Stripping - Novice

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Thanks Jo. He is a lovely boy and such a character but I am terribly biased.

I don't understand your comments about the thigh. You say to continue to strip the back of the thigh, that is the bit that joins the bum? or the front of the thigh that meets the rear leg fringe? I assume I strip to the point the fringe starts.

I don't tend to do the eyebrows traditionally because I like to see his eyes.

I am looking forward to having a go with the new dk knife.

Thanks for the great tips.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Oscar 12345 wrote:Thanks Jo. He is a lovely boy and such a character but I am terribly biased.

I don't understand your comments about the thigh. You say to continue to strip the back of the thigh, that is the bit that joins the bum? or the front of the thigh that meets the rear leg fringe? I assume I strip to the point the fringe starts.

. Still talking about the side view only... id continue stripping to the end of the thigh...like an inverted long triangle that will take you down to the knee level,and to the back edge of the thigh,all on your pic,side on...if you strip this a bit shorter,your skirt and thigh fringe will define..
I used to have this pic on my wall as a guide to the pattern..(the areas on this diagram refer to stripping coat weekly in specific areas ,and is another version of rolling coat,but each numbered area is addressed weekly...not what I'm doing) I am showing it to point at area 4...in front of the arrow is your triangle shape you want to define..
https://www.google.it/search?q=schnauze ... UkD0CsEehM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
And here,look at pic one...
https://www.google.it/search?q=schnauze ... aZpIddmOEM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
Regarding the rear,I shave the butt ,3mm,and the wire from the thighs comes around and frames the area.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

http://www.draxpark.cc/grooming.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On this link the pics are very clear with areas well defined.scroll down.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

So very useful - thanks Jo.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...