Detangling Spray

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Detangling Spray

Post by schnauzer »

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a detangling spray as I can no longer purchase the one from Wizard of Paws as they no longer sell it. It was brilliant just sprayed it on the knot worked on it with my fingers then used the detangling brush on it.

Thanks
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Detangling Spray

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hi Christine,

Never used a detangler so can't help there. I normally stick the scissors into it and cut into it and brush out. If under the arms I just cut it out.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

You could try the Animology de-tangler which should be available from other suppliers as well as direct from the company:

https://www.animology.co.uk/product/knot-sure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Animology-Dog- ... 4XN0PWB3Y1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Hi

The best detangler we have used is Demelex. It was recommended on here.

However, Ollie's mats are so bad at the minute, even that isnt touching it. We also use the cutting it out method if on beard. If it is his legs we have no chance as he will not let us near him with the scissors without a full on melt down and one of us getting snapped at! Praying the groomer has better luck on Monday!
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

[quote="zeta1454"]You could try the Animology de-tangler which should be available from other suppliers as well as direct from the company:

Zeta ..thanks so much ..I actually saw it in TK Max this morning so bought it then came home & read your post. It was £2.00 cheaper .
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I use the decathlon detangling spray ( for horses)..., cheap,4 to 5.euros here...and my routine in using it is a spritz after we come in,take off harness...under the armpits,and along the skirt...then a brisk brush with a SOFT slicker brush ,and you should never have problems with knotting or tangles.
mochibear
First Name: Melisa
Dog #1: Mochi
Born: 13 Oct 2015

Post by mochibear »

I also found that a de-matting comb works really well and no need to repurchase supplies. Think combination comb and knives. The teeth are knife blades that are sharp on one side, so the comb simultaneously combs and cuts out the mat. It sounds like a medieval torture device, but it works for our mini :) I usually start out with the de-matting comb to get the big knots out, then go back in with a slicker brush or regular comb. Just be careful of the blades and make sure that you are using the correct side. If you are left-handed, make sure you look for a left-handed comb specifically. I bought the Safari de-matting comb, but I'm sure they are all pretty similar.
https://www.chewy.com/safari-de-matting ... /dp/155266

~Melisa