Hello, new rescues

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Doubletrouble
Puppy
First Name: Sarah

Hello, new rescues

Post by Doubletrouble »

Hi I've recently found this forum and have been looking through and already found it helpful. I have very recently adopted two miniatures and adore them although starting to find out all is not as I was led to believe. Although that doesn't matter for now.They are two and one years old, pepper and salt, one light one very dark. They have fitted into our family brilliantly. They are a fantastic breed (they tick all the boxes ! ) Just wanted to say hello incase I find I need some advice in the future.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Re: Hello, new rescues

Post by jacdales »

Hi Sarah and welcome, it's a great place for sharing happy and sad moments. Like sitting round the kitchen table with virtual coffee and cake chatting about our favorite quadrupeds.
I have a 12 yr old airedale Mahri, a 12 yr old welsh terrier Elle a 4 yr old mini s&p schnauzer Hamish and a recent rescue/rehome s&p mini called Suzi who will be 6 months next week
Doubletrouble
Puppy

Post by Doubletrouble »

Seems a lovely forum. Thanks
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Hi and welcome...I hope you set up a gallery so you can post pics of your crew.This helps us to get to know you better. :)
I have a black mini and my interests are grooming and health..hope to hear more from you and your dogs.
Doubletrouble
Puppy

Post by Doubletrouble »

Thanks I will have a go at putting some pics up soon
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Post by Riesen16 »

Hello Sarah

I think it is great that you have adopted two dogs, thereby giving them a chance in life.

So many people buy puppies and expect them to behave from the word go. When they don't, they give up on them.

Schnauzers, mini, standard and giant are not the easiest of dogs. But with consequence and understanding, they will grow up to be excellent partners.

I wish you all the best with your young companions.

Gill
Doubletrouble
Puppy

Post by Doubletrouble »

Thanks and hello Gill. It's plain to see they were a bit of a handful but with consistency and exercise/ training we are starting to see small improvements, fingers crossed it continues.
oscarsmate
First Name: stuart
Dog #1: oscar
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2008

Post by oscarsmate »

Hello Sarah

They can be annoying, playful , stubborn, loving but for all the pluses and minuses we wouldn't be without ours.

I wish when we bought ours we had got 2 but 20/20 hindsight. Oscar has some issues but it makes him all the more precious.
Oscar 28/12/2008 - 27/8/2019 taken too soon, truly loved and sorely missed. He was a
n annoying git but he was our git :D