Hi im coffee mini schanuzer pupies

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
babycoffe
Puppy
First Name: arie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 May 2018

Re: Hi im coffee mini schanuzer pupies

Post by babycoffe »

coffee is 3month+ he is born at 10/03/18 . yes i think i push it to hard. i think coffee start to hate me now because i strip him. :o3 i comb him twice a day. he hate to be card but when i give a brush to bite he is relax and ok to be comb.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Thanks Arie..
I'd definitely wait a while before taking off any more top hair..in a couple of months you will see it will come out easier and you will both be happy with the results.
If you can get a soft slicker brush,it's small and often used for cats ,it will be well tolerated on the leg hair...I use one everyday on Robin and she likes it better than a comb ....I use a metal comb on her beard and that's about it for the comb.
I know in a hot country( we are currently at 32 C here) you want to keep them short,but once he's through the tiny puppy stage you will be able to get his coat short and then keep rolling the coat once a week...try not to strip every day as the skin follicles need time to close afterwards .if you over strip ,the dog is more prone to bacterial infections and irritation of the skin.
I like to put the dog on a table ,to brush,to strip,to cut nails etc..this is a place where they learn to stand still and biting is not allowed...a puppy may bite to say he is uncomfortable with what you are doing,but be gentle and he will learn its a good experience to be groomed etc..I think he was biting so much as his puppy hair just wasn't ready to be stripped.
I found some pics of Robin as a pup...her first real top coat strip was around five months,but the real results take months to achieve,as the dog changes his puppy hair into adult coat around a year.
You can get a set of clippers ,I like arco moser cordless,and use these on his ears,butt area, underpads and this can be done now...this will keep his ears hair free so you can see if they are clean inside ..if you can get thornit ear powder ,a pinch inside of the powder will help you when you remove the inner hair in the canals..in a hot country the ears will be a delicate zone and at risk for yeast infections ...so this routine is another you can gently start now.
Hope this is helpful, you are obviously an enthusiastic future groomer...keep reading as much as you can...look up KAte Werk videos on u tube..she's a great groomer and her videos are really clear and informative.
babycoffe
Puppy
First Name: arie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 May 2018

Post by babycoffe »

Thank you for the tips jo :)
yes i will wait for a while, actualy its not all strip but i stop wait for another time
you give me idea maybe side job as a groomer,ahaha (not qualifies at all)but i think for striping need a lot of patience . :-j specially for puppy
this the latest picture of coffee. :x