NEW MEMBER EAST SUSSEX

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
EmG+
Puppy
First Name: Emily

NEW MEMBER EAST SUSSEX

Post by EmG+ »

Hi Everyone :-h

Emily & Michael here, from Hastings, East Sussex.

First time schnauzer owners and loving (nearly) every minute of it this past year. I say nearly as I'd be lying if I said my boys dont test our patience :-\ .. One a stubborn baby, the other crazy stuck in hypo puppy mode, both BARK BARK BARK %-( .. we're working hard on that though.. my trainer Brian is my hero thank god :ymhug:

We've Sidney (Black) 11mths, picked at 2wks and came home at 8wks , and Rupert (Pepper & Salt) 9mths, he was 12wks when he came home, both beautiful boys with faces that could melt the coldest hearts! Temperaments so different which we love, such personalities!

Here to gather advice from all you guru's and share our ongoing experiences with anyone that needs it or wants to listen. They bring us undescribable joy, which I'm sure you can all understand!

They're crate trained inc crated at night, travel perfect in car, get on with cats, well, 1 cat is their master the other is a grumpy cow who doesn't like anyone, home-made RAW fed, have been since pup, very little processed treats etc, keep it as natural as we can, both neutered, both hoovers, both obsessed with my flipping plants!!

I say bad a barking but not entirely true, we're quite lucky as its only at certain times but those times feel excessive! Main issue meeting other dogs, to the point we didnt, avoided it until our trainer gave us the confidence and training to handle it. Early days but massive improvement. Sidney not too bad, Rupert however is in a world of his owner. The whole walk was filled with whimpering & high pitched squeals, patience & hard work we're making progress though :-bd

Anyways, I'll leave it there for now and have a browse through threads. Looking forward to sharing and taking tips and generally telling everyone about our angels :-j

Bye for now!
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Re: NEW MEMBER EAST SUSSEX

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Emily welcome to the forum gosh you have double trouble having two. I have Gino who is 20mths I got him to ease my pain after losing my girl of nearly 13 in April 2017. Gino is also crate trained Breeder did well he still goes into his crate overnight his choice but is good for us as we go away a lot with him . Love your photo
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
EmG+
Puppy
First Name: Emily

Post by EmG+ »

Thanks Christine!

They can be a handful thats for sure, mainly due to their anti-social behaviour though & trying to train 2 dogs 2 different things at the same time it a task in itself! Once we reign it in they'll make a fine pair. they're already the most adorable duo (majority of the time!)
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Emily,

Good to see Sidney and Rupert. I have 2 mini's too ( both P&S bitches) but have 11 months between them and can't even begin to think what it must be like having them so close together :)

They sound typical mini schnauzer pups and I'm sure once you get them through adolescence it'll be plain sailing after that.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Welcome to the Forum :-)
Sounds like you have your hands full with the two boys but I'm sure it will work out fine as they mature.
Lovely photo too!
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Welcome from me and Otto too. Your boys look wonderful and a bundle of trouble :) How life must have changed for you =))
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Ah, after just reading your post on the differences between Rupert and Sidney, now I get to see them too! What a fine pair of good looking boys you have, it makes the other post about their characters even better :)

Welcome to the forum from myself (human carer for my pooches), Oscar (black mini) and Sasha (black/silver mini).