Hi from Archie, I'm an adorable 'Toy Schnauzer'

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Suzi-Tam
First Name: Susan

Hi from Archie, I'm an adorable 'Toy Schnauzer'

Post by Suzi-Tam »

Maybe frowned upon by Schnauzer enthusiasts but hey I think I'm cute and mummy loves me.
My parents (doggy ones) are American imports from Maximillian lines where they are trying to bring back some of the dying colours. My human mummy has been asked whether I'm a Shitzu, a Yorkshire/Tibetan terrier :-o Nope I'm all Schnauzer and true to form I'm a big dog in a little body :)

Mummy took me to puppy school...really? I have better things to do :(
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Hi from Archie, I'm an adorable 'Toy Schnauzer'

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Welcome to the forum - forgive me for asking but is a 'Toy Schnauzer' the same as a 'Teapot Schnauzer'? I saw a teapot version once and I couldn't believe how small they were, they still have the Schnauzer look but just in a smaller package :D

I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions regards Schnauzers here.
Suzi-Tam

Post by Suzi-Tam »

Hi Mike, thank you for the welcome,
No the 'toy' is bigger than the 'teacup' (kinda like teapot tho...sounds cuter) and normally weighs up to 10lbs. Archie's mum was a tiny toy & dad a toy. Though he was only 2.6kg at 14 weeks he seems to have doubled in size in the two since :-o so maybe he takes after his grandparents lol More of him to love so that doesn't bother me, it was his colour that I really loved and his temprement.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Welcome to you and Archie, very cute, looks like you are going to have your hands full in that second photo.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Suzi-Tam

Post by Suzi-Tam »

Hi Oscar...he's a character. Shows me up at puppy classes but thinking he just has a sense of humour :D He's only 4 months but was house trained at 14 weeks, done three sleepovers, two of which were 2 nights, no problems or accidents and just settles back home as if he's never been away. We have a bedroom routine which I made sure my mum follows (under threat that she can't have him again lol) and it seems to have worked for him.