Intro and help

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Intro and help

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Joy - lovely to hear that your daughter and Tilly have been getting on so well with the training.

You are welcome to share the tale of your schnauzer that passed. All experiences and stories are interesting to hear and can be helpful to others too. Just set up a new post in whichever section seems best to you :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

I just wanted to say I've been reading this, I can see how you were feeling discouraged. But now that she has been diagnosed and receiving proper meds, I do hope she is all healed up in no time and you can put this behind you. I'm sure she will be :)

And I for one would love to read stories of your beloved schnauzer, pls share if you want to ;)
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Thanks for Bean's story :)

How is Tilly doing now?
Bean
Puppy
First Name: Joy
Dog #1: Tilly
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 26 Jun 2020

Post by Bean »

Tilly is thriving now. Leading us ragged!!! Eating well and sleeping from 10pm to 7am which is a blessing. She doesn’t like to sleep in the day she fights it which makes her quite aggressive. She barks, lunges at our faces and attacks our hands when trying to calm her. It’s quite horrible at times. I believe it’s normal!!! She loves her little walks in the village. I’ve been reading through the topics on the forum to get some kind of perspective as we’ve only ever had one puppy and he was a dream. Tilly is enjoying life anyway!
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

=)) Yes she sounds a normal mini baby crocodile :)) Jasper was a nightmare biting at anything even when he wasnt tired. Is she crate trained ? The best way with Jasper was a tasty chew to tempt him in his crate. He would realise he'd been tricked, then realise it was worth it for the treat. Most times he would end up going to sleep before even chewing the chew.

His breeder gave all the pups a mini bean bag to sleep on and he always settled on the bean bag. I guess its the way they mould to the body. He soon progressed to our large bean bag as office dog =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Yes Joy, the "joys" of owning a pup. They are absolute devils when they are over tired. I remember 6-7pm being the nightmare time of day and also after the morning walk and play around. Oscar my first just did everything he could not to sleep. I used to have toys stuffed everywhere on me when teething started so as soon as mouth opened in would go a toy. I had 2 weeks of absolute hell with Oscar's biting. He didn't bit my OH, it was me.... I used to lock myself in another room with him waiting on the other side of the door. Doesn't last long though and Otto wasn't anything like as bad with the biting although he used to try and bite OH rather than me. =)) He is his Mummy's boy.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Bean
Puppy
First Name: Joy
Dog #1: Tilly
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 26 Jun 2020

Post by Bean »

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. It helps a lot to know she’s not a demon dog! We’ve just been for a little walk and she’s met 2 dogs and a few people, she was apprehensive but did very well. We stopped for coffee at our church and she just lay on her blanket while we had cake and drink. Amazing.

Jasper is very beautiful. Tilly absolutely hates her crate. Doesn’t like her play pen unless I’m with her. She gets so distressed in either. She sleeps on blankets in our room. Doesn’t like dog beds!!! Very strange girl but Dawnspell idea of a bean bag might suit her. It’s brilliant having all these ideas from you all. Thank you so much you’re making our life much better.