Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Zanes mama
Puppy
First Name: Nancy
Dog #1: Zane
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 07 Mar 2021

Post by Zanes mama »

Hi everyone,

I am new to forum. I have just purchased a miniature Schnauzer puppy. He is 8 weeks old and weights 3.5 lbs. It's only been 4 days and I am so in love with this little munchkin that I can't imagine my life without him. My I introduce my new baby Zane.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: New Member

Post by zeta1454 »

Welcome to the Forum Nancy and Zane :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Very cute :x
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Oh Zane is a parti schnauzer! How cute! My boy was exactly 3.5 lbs at 7 weeks, he'll be a nice size. My boy is now 9 months and 18.5lbs for reference. Congrats! They do melt your heart don't they?
Zanes mama
Puppy

Post by Zanes mama »

Hey Kat,

I am 5 days new with the whole schnauzer breed. I thought Zane was called black & white, although I'm not sure what the colors are called ...yet, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about the schnauzer's. He is unlike any other breed I have owned in the past. Definitely unique. I have a Yorkshire Terrier who is 8 yrs now and is 5.5 lbs. With her being so little I wanted to get a dog that was pet and people friendly and from what I investigated over the past year is that mini schnauzer's tend to have those trait on top of their small size and family devotion. I'm just extremely happy about picking this wonderful breed. =))
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Welcome to the forum you have chosen a super breed Schnauzer’s are the best
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Zanes mama wrote: 07 May 2021, 21:13 Hey Kat,

I am 5 days new with the whole schnauzer breed. I thought Zane was called black & white, although I'm not sure what the colors are called ...yet, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about the schnauzer's. He is unlike any other breed I have owned in the past. Definitely unique. I have a Yorkshire Terrier who is 8 yrs now and is 5.5 lbs. With her being so little I wanted to get a dog that was pet and people friendly and from what I investigated over the past year is that mini schnauzer's tend to have those trait on top of their small size and family devotion. I'm just extremely happy about picking this wonderful breed. =))
Hi Nancy, parti is just a pattern, like black and silver is a pattern. It just means Zane has random black and white markings, instead of white/silver in specific areas like eyebrows, cheeks, chest, boots and bum. I don't see parti schnauzers too often in my area.

You've investigated correctly, mini schnauzers are all of those things 😉 I have only ever kept mini schnauzers, so I have nothing to compare, but I was hooked on schnauzers since I was 9YO, and now my husband is also hooked! Enjoy your little guy and I look forward to meeting him and learning about his cute little quirks.
Zanes mama
Puppy

Post by Zanes mama »

Kat,
Thanks for the info. I appreciate anything I can learn about this little man of mine. I did some research and I find exactly what you said. He does ;look to be a parti. Is that less desirable?

Nancy
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Nancy,

It depends what you mean by ‘undesirable’ as a dog’s colouring does not necessarily mean there are any health issues associated with it although some such as ‘merle’ certainly do have a risk. Specifically with miniature schnauzers, however, the colours that are regarded as ‘breed standard’ and are the only ones recognised in the show ring are: pepper and salt; black; black and silver and (in U.K. and Europe) also white which is not recognised for the show ring in the USA. This means that from the point of view of anyone wanting to show or looking for a puppy from certain pedigrees any other colour would be regarded as ‘undesirable’. Colour doesn’t matter of itself in a family pet but a non-breed standard colour may be a sign that the breeder is breeding solely for financial gain.

Different colours from the breed standard can naturally occur in many breeds sometimes as a result of historic genes from the past when a greater variety of colours may have been seen in certain breeds of dog. However, nowadays, some breeders will deliberately breed or cross-breed in order to get puppies of unusual colours or coat texture so they can sell them as ‘rare’ and charge more money for them as a result. There is always the risk, if a breeder is choosing to breed only or primarily non-standard colours that their main purpose is to profit from this rather than the welfare of the dogs and/ or that dogs of a different breed have been used to produce the puppies. These are general observations though and not necessarily relevant to your little Zane who does look a sweet little mini schnauzer from your photo :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Personally I really love the partis, I just never see them around here. Your Zane is a real sweetie pie, cute markings. I used to breed angelfish and my favorite type to breed was a common gold marble even over the rare and pricey blue silvers because the offspring were all different patterns of marbleling and all individual. I couldn't wait to see what they looked like. If your boy is healthy and you're not showing him, it makes no difference what his markings are and it would be down to whatever you like.
Zanes mama
Puppy

Post by Zanes mama »

Good morning Kat & Zeta,

Thank you for the reassurance and please don't think bad of me for using the word "Undesirable", I certainly didn't mean to come off as to sounding like Zane isn't worthy to be called a "Mini Schnauzer" LOL. I am just trying to learn more about this fascinating breed. My little man "Zane" has got to be one of the smartest dogs I have ever had. He is just 9 1/2 weeks and half way potty trained, gives kisses and sits on command. I think that's very impressive. I wouldn't trade this baby for nothing in the world. He is my pride and joy and I love him more than I could ever express. The so called breeder I purchased him from had a black, 2-whites and Zane. I held each one for a few and then I picked up Zane and looked into his eyes and he stared straight back into mine and I said "He's the one" and he laid his head on my shoulder and then and there my heart melted. Here's a pic from yesterday of Zane and his 8 yrs old sister Bella, (they're the same size right now lol).

Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Awww that's so sweet, they really do capture your heart. And Zane is one of the cutest schnauzers i've seen! I don't blame your heart for falling for him haha! Like I said, i've been hooked on them since I was 9YO, i'm a special case lol.

Bella is a beautiful sweet girl as well!
Zanes mama
Puppy

Post by Zanes mama »

Thank you Kat....I really appreciate you saying that. And I seem to be coming a special case as well.