2015 Schnauzer Calendar Guidelines

Captured a special moment with your Schnauzer? Caught them digging up the daffodils? Then please share. We love seeing photographs of all our Schnauzers having fun. Feel free to browse the Gallery too.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Feb 2012

2015 Schnauzer Calendar Guidelines

Post by Dinkum »

After a (mostly) successful year with the 2014 calendar, I thought it would be a good to do it again. I learnt a few lessons from doing the first one, so hopefully this one will go a little smoother. As such, here are a few guidelines for this year.

Photo's
  • You can submit one photograph for consideration per month.
  • All photographs have to be shot in landscape mode (the photo is longer than it is high).
  • The photo has to be of sufficient resolution so that it can be printed. I would recommend a minimum of 2048px x 1536px. That will give you a photo of about 2MB or bigger.
  • You need to be able (and willing) to provide me with an unedited copy of the photo as an attachment via email. So no cropping, borders or other additions.
  • I would request that all entries are month appropriate. Snow scenes in December and January for example. Or daffodils in May / June and brown leaf photo's for October / November.
  • I intend to run the January, February and March entries concurrently with October, November and December, so that I have a completed calendar by the end of October 2014. The other months will proceed as normal.
  • I would ask that you consider your entry and imagine how it will look in print. There needs to be a little bit of framing to allowing cutting in the print process. Full framed, out of focus photo's won't show up well in the calendar.
  • Each month will be open for 20 days for entries. No late entries will be allowed.
Voting
  • Voting is open to registered members only. Newly registered accounts and guests will not be able to vote.
  • Only one vote per member and household.
  • Voting will run for 7 days after the entries close around the 20th of the month.
  • You will be able to change your vote whilst the voting window is open.
  • There will be no second round voting unless we have a tie for first place. The photo with the most votes wins.
  • All the runner-ups will have an opportunity to feature as the cover of the calendar. I will run this vote in the first week of November.
  • If you are a winner or a runner-up, please contact me for details on where to send your photograph at the end of the round of voting.
General
  • I have sole responsibility for the calendar. As such, my decision in any dispute will be final.
  • I reserve the right to substitute a photo if the submitted entry is not received in time for print or not of sufficient quality to print.
  • I will monitor the voting throughout.
  • As things progress, I reserve the right to change or amend these guidelines.
  • This is not a competition per se and there is no prize at the end. You simply may have the pleasure of seeing one of your photo's featured in the calendar.
Lastly, I would like to remind everyone that I am doing this for a little bit of fun and we are working towards something nice at the end of the year. Yes, there will be bumps in the process. Yes, some people are over-competitive, but let's keep it friendly and have some fun collecting another great year of photographs. As usual, if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.

As last time, all proceeds from the calendar goes to our designated charity of the year and I will sort out the sales process at the end of the year.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
celast
First Name: Charles
Dog #1: Benji
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Nov 2007
Born: 0- 0-2007

Re: 2015 Schnauzer Calendar Guidelines

Post by celast »

Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

Thanks for doing this again Dean!

You're a (*)
Cat M
First Name: Cat
Dog #1: Lola
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Mar 2012
Dog #2: Pixie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by Cat M »

Yay \:D/ \:D/
Albert is currently gracing our kitchen wall. :D
Thanks for taking this on again Dean (*)
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Thanks for doing it again Dean (*) It is fun seeing all our schnauzers pictures. Don't know about snow in Dec and |Jan should be rain and gale force winds :))
So for 2015 we need photos of a white mini :-" and a standard or two since none made it for this year =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
lj_thorne
First Name: Lisa
Dog #1: Barnaby
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 16 Oct 2010
Dog #2: Albert
Born: 24 Jul 2012
Dog #3: Sherman
Born: 21 Sep 2014

Post by lj_thorne »

yay!!!! so pleased to see your madly doing it again!!!!! fantastic!!!!!!!
Human slave to my three furry boys Albert, Sherman and Rupert the Bear

Barnaby 🌈

https://m.facebook.com/schnauzerlads/
stacyr

Post by stacyr »

Dawnspell wrote:So for 2015 we need photos of a white mini :-" and a standard or two since none made it for this year =))
My photo taking is normally rubbish but Im going to try my hardest to get a photo of Ozzie in the run for the entries, I might even start a "back the standard" campaign =))
Stacy
P/S Mini - Charlie; Black Standard - Ozzie
Salomon
First Name: Sarah
Dog #1: Gaspard
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 03 Jun 2012
Dog #2: Diego
Born: 10 May 2013

Post by Salomon »

Thanks Dean
It is a lot of work to getbthis done so much appreciated.

Now, we need some standrds for 2015 please !
stacyr

Post by stacyr »

Salomon wrote:Now, we need some standrds for 2015 please !
Another standard in the running :-bd :-bd
Stacy
P/S Mini - Charlie; Black Standard - Ozzie