4 Years on wheels !

Captured a special moment with your Schnauzer? Caught them digging up the daffodils? Then please share. We love seeing photographs of all our Schnauzers having fun. Feel free to browse the Gallery too.
Al T

4 Years on wheels !

Post by Al T »

Well; 4 years ago today Norman lost the use of his back legs; looking back I dont know what we expected would be the outcome at the time.

We got a lot of encouragement off this forum at the time during his convalescence & rehab which I cant really thank you enough for; it really kept us going.

Below is a pic of him last weekend on his 2nd 2 miles walk of the day. Recently on hols in the Lake District he clocked up 7 miles in a day over numerous walks.

He's lost none of his character over the time in wheels; in fact he's still an extremely (regularly embarrassingly) noisy beggar & picks up more of the ground than an expensive dyson!

Known locally as Stormin Norman...

Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Re: 4 Years on wheels !

Post by Eddie »

I admire Norman and I admire your devotion to him. I can't believe it's been four years.
Our "Mouse" has been blind from birth and and like Norman I don't think she's bothered. They just seem to play the hand they're dealt.
I always enjoy the Norman updates.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Well done Norman! Great to know he is still enjoying life :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

What a smashing dog and wonderful dog " parents" you are to him. So pleased he's rocking on. :)
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Post by Riesen16 »

Stormin' Norman you are just one wonderful dog. I have read about you over the months and visited the Boss' website :)

I wonder if I could save your photo to my computer and put it on the Schnauzer Forum in Germany. I am sure the members there would love to hear about you and see how happy you are.

Please ask the Boss

Gill
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

He is such a trooper, bless his little cotton socks! Its always a pleasure to read about his outings with you, please keep them coming ;)
Riesen16

Post by Riesen16 »

Hi

I used to give English tuition for business people, elderly and otherwise.

I now have only one class of 3 at home.

The phrase "bless his little cotton socks" came to my mind the other day and I tried to explain it to my class. In the end they understood!!

Gill
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

Al T wrote:Well; 4 years ago today Norman lost the use of his back legs; looking back I dont know what we expected would be the outcome at the time.

We got a lot of encouragement off this forum at the time during his convalescence & rehab which I cant really thank you enough for; it really kept us going.

Below is a pic of him last weekend on his 2nd 2 miles walk of the day. Recently on hols in the Lake District he clocked up 7 miles in a day over numerous walks.

He's lost none of his character over the time in wheels; in fact he's still an extremely (regularly embarrassingly) noisy beggar & picks up more of the ground than an expensive dyson!

Known locally as Stormin Norman...

Much admiration and respect. May he keep on rollin' for at least another 10 years. :)

Al T

Post by Al T »

Riesen16 wrote:Stormin' Norman you are just one wonderful dog. I have read about you over the months and visited the Boss' website :)

I wonder if I could save your photo to my computer and put it on the Schnauzer Forum in Germany. I am sure the members there would love to hear about you and see how happy you are.

Please ask the Boss

Gill
No problem Gill...feel free to download

Thanks for the interest
Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
Riesen16

Post by Riesen16 »

Hallo Al

I posted Norman's photo in the German Forum Gallery with a few explanations and also explained in the Forum itself.

The members were thrilled with him. One said she could see the mischief in his eyes and most congratulated him on his "courage". Whether this is courage or not I do not know.

I think the courage must be attributed to you, Al, for having the foresight and determination to enable Norman to have a good life.

Apparently, they have races in Germany, one member told me, and showed a photo of various dogs with carts.

Stormin' Norman is just one happy dog and that is all that counts.

I wish you many happy years together.

Gill