Tobias at 13 weeks.

The Schnauzer puppy stage goes by so quickly, so make sure you get lots of pictures and make sure that you share them with the rest of us. Bristle noses, floppy ears and wagging tails are all welcome.
Frederickdawg
First Name: Freddy
Dog #1: Tobias
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 07 Jul 2021

Tobias at 13 weeks.

Post by Frederickdawg »

We recently added a new family member to our home. Just some random pics taken this week. Before and after I gave him a hair cut lol.

Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Re: Tobias at 13 weeks.

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Congrats for the new addition! He's absolutely adorable 😍
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Love those car photos, hes adorable :x
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Dawnspell wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 12:18 Love those car photos, hes adorable :x
thanks Dawn.
Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

welcome to your new addition.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

He’s getting bigger already. 16 weeks I believe? Born 7/7.

Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

He's looking great! So cute!!!
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 20:25 He's looking great! So cute!!!
Thanks. He’s such a handful , I don’t recal Cleo being this mischievous but then again she had her ear cropped and was probably in pain and discomfort with stilts and hats on her head for a few months after the procedure. Maybe that was it.

Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

You mean that cute little thing is giving you a hard time? 😅

Yes pups can be a handful! This time round with Ozzy (he is also B&S) I did positive reinforcement training and worked on his impulse control since he was very young. He's still crazy and wild but in a fun way, I have to say I'm very impressed with the 'new' modern training methods.

Do you want any tips for impulse control?
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:49 You mean that cute little thing is giving you a hard time? 😅

Yes pups can be a handful! This time round with Ozzy (he is also B&S) I did positive reinforcement training and worked on his impulse control since he was very young. He's still crazy and wild but in a fun way, I have to say I'm very impressed with the 'new' modern training methods.

Do you want any tips for impulse control?
I’m one that would never say no to free advise , so please go ahead. Appreciated.

If I don’t put him in his crate he never seems to want to lay down to rest lol. We had our first puppy class today and he was still a banshee when we got home. It’s all part of the process. 😂

Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

I had to abandon puppy classes after 3 weeks with Jasper he just couldnt cope and got too over stimulated. We'd get to the halfway point in the lesson and that was it he couldnt listen to do anything and wouldnt accept any food my hands were the target of frustration. I took a pizzle stick to let him bite on that rather than me for the last lesson. It was just way too stressful for us both.

You could try other calming activities such as lick mats and kongs, or set up sniffaris with his food for him to hunt out. Licking and sniffing are both calming to a dog.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Well, we did have to create a down time for Ozzy, otherwise he would likely have kept going too! And when they are overtired, watch out! The teeth and the terror comes out! It's not that bad, I'm just kidding, but yeah when they are up too long, that's when can start to bite more and just act up in general. A puppy needs a ton of sleep. Ozzy slept 1hr for every 1hr awake on the beginning.

The 1st thing I worked on with Ozzy is impulse control. (After sit because he offered that one naturally). Anyway the easiest way to explain this is to show you a video. It would save a lot of typing and the one I was referred to.
https://youtu.be/ipT5k1gaXhc

I used to start a training session with impulse control if he was to enthusiastic hyper to help him focus better. I still use it on occasion if I need him to calm down and take a breath.

I try to let Ozzy make good choices on his own. Now I find he will often stop and just look before doing something and/or taking off. I was just very impressed with his self control having owned mini schnauzers before, I know they tend to be a little hyped up, especially defending their territory or excitement in general.

I use impulse control while playing, we do little pauses, he looks at me, then we continue. I make a game of everything.

That's to start, I'll think of more later.
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 14:01 Well, we did have to create a down time for Ozzy, otherwise he would likely have kept going too! And when they are overtired, watch out! The teeth and the terror comes out! It's not that bad, I'm just kidding, but yeah when they are up too long, that's when can start to bite more and just act up in general. A puppy needs a ton of sleep. Ozzy slept 1hr for every 1hr awake on the beginning.

The 1st thing I worked on with Ozzy is impulse control. (After sit because he offered that one naturally). Anyway the easiest way to explain this is to show you a video. It would save a lot of typing and the one I was referred to.
https://youtu.be/ipT5k1gaXhc

I used to start a training session with impulse control if he was to enthusiastic hyper to help him focus better. I still use it on occasion if I need him to calm down and take a breath.

I try to let Ozzy make good choices on his own. Now I find he will often stop and just look before doing something and/or taking off. I was just very impressed with his self control having owned mini schnauzers before, I know they tend to be a little hyped up, especially defending their territory or excitement in general.

I use impulse control while playing, we do little pauses, he looks at me, then we continue. I make a game of everything.

That's to start, I'll think of more later.
What a great video saw the first part will watch the rest on the main tv with mrs later this evening. Thanks.

Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

My pleasure!
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 15:45 My pleasure!
awaiting on more videos. 😀

Some updates pics taken last week. I think he’s almost 19 weeks now.

[