Maxwell Bärchen says hello

The Schnauzer puppy stage goes by so quickly, so make sure you get lots of pictures and make sure that you share them with the rest of us. Bristle noses, floppy ears and wagging tails are all welcome.
klwurth
Puppy
First Name: Kelly

Maxwell Bärchen says hello

Post by klwurth »

The Schnauzer Forum has been a great help in my preparations over the past few weeks, and I'd like to introduce Maxwell Bärchen (Little Bear) to the community. He will be eight weeks old tomorrow, and we brought him home last night.

Per member recommendations, I looked into "Puppy Culture" and have embraced that approach. Thanks for the guidance!

Maxwell woke us to go outside last night at 2:00, and so far, I'm well enough trained that all of his jobs have been done outside! His breeder had a doggie door set up by the pen, and none of the puppies had made a mess indoors for two weeks, so it gave him a good background in keeping his bed clean.

He's affectionate beyond my hopes...I thought he might be a little reticent or stunned with the changes, but he even let me get enough sleep.

Thanks again for all of your contributions to the forum. You're my primary reference point, and give me confidence.

Here's our boy...

Suzie67
Puppy
First Name: Tracey

Re: Maxwell Bärchen says hello

Post by Suzie67 »

A little beauty.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Lovely boy :-)

Look forward to hear how he develops.
Wishing you lots of fun with Maxwell in the years to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
AliceGrimm
First Name: Alicia
Dog #1: Dolce
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 25 Jun 2017

Post by AliceGrimm »

So adorable!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more photos and see how your Maxwell gets even more handsome!
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Lovely boy! Welcome on board Kelly and looking forward to seeing more puppy pics!
klwurth
Puppy

Post by klwurth »

As you can see, Maxwell Bärchen is settling in well...here seemingly experiencing a high-speed nap. So much joy at our house. He's thriving on the Puppy Culture tips we're following. We find his behavior very flexible, and fortunately for us, he's very food-motivated. Of course, he's chewing a lot, but we provide finger substitutes, as needed. Frozen carrots and treats help. I do occasionally wear suede mukluks around the house, to protect my ankles from nipping. I've also started clicking and treating "touch" every time he contacts our skin with his nose or tongue, without nipping...a suggestion from When Pigs Fly, by Jane Killion, the Puppy Culture guru.

Thanks for the ongoing forum support and advice. I pop in here for all manner of things...most lately, finding information on garden plants' toxicities. You are all such a help! Thanks for the messages.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Just too cute in my opinion... :D you are getting me very excited for my little one that should arrive at the end of August. Enjoy your Little Bear, he is gorgeous.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
AliceGrimm
First Name: Alicia
Dog #1: Dolce
Born: 25 Jun 2017

Post by AliceGrimm »

Omg! That is such a precious photo!! Does his feet always stay straight like that on his power naps?! Too cute! I can see why there is so much joy in your home right now. The touch idea is amazing. I want to do that as well, but I didn't think about it to help pups not learn to bite. Also, I love the carrot or substitute idea.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

What a lovely photo and another beautiful puppy - gosh it's hard to see all of these cracking puppy pics and not want another one yourself! My boy is coming up to 2 and I am thinking just the right age to introduce a sister :-)

.........I need to stay strong :-(
klwurth
Puppy

Post by klwurth »

AliceGrimm, his feet aren't always like that, but fairly often, especially mid-nap, and it's very funny to see!

I can see how Schnauzers could become an addiction. We're fairly well extended on energy to keep up with this one, though. Thanks for all of your nice comments.