Sasha

The Schnauzer puppy stage goes by so quickly, so make sure you get lots of pictures and make sure that you share them with the rest of us. Bristle noses, floppy ears and wagging tails are all welcome.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Sasha

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Here are some pics of our new girl Sasha, she is the sister of Oscar, his Ma and Pa have had another litter together two years later.

We met her for the first time today and collect her next Sunday - cannot wait.

Better pics to follow (hopefully) once we get her home.

Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Re: Sasha

Post by Bodee »

Lovely wee girl. Nice photos.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Lovely little pup...I look forward to seeing how you enjoy having a female...
Two wees on a walk compared to the boys ten..
Will bond with the master of the household..compared to the boys free for all sociability.
Much easier to take around when you confront other male dogs..I call my girls my green card..
Did I mention,I LOVE my girls. [hippo] @};- [hippo]
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Just one more question and then I will stop - I just want to do the right thing to limit any upset on the part of my boy, Oscar.

I have heard different views on the best way to introduce Sasha to Oscar. Some people suggest getting them to meet at a neutral location first, then take them home together and others say it should be ok to just take her home to Oscar. Obviously we would be supervising them together at all times.

I just wondered what you all thought?

I had planned to get a small cloth/flannel, rub it over Oscar and take it with us when we collect Sasha, then rub the cloth over her (transferring scent) so that when we take her straight home, Oscar smells himself on her, to ease the introduction (not sure if this is an 'old wives tale' or not). That was my grand plan - take her directly home BUT make sure I go in first and fuss my boy as I usually do, then bring in the puppy (as my wife will be holding her outside for a minute or two).

I know Jo (Robin Black Mini) has said that we should be fine introducing a girl to Oscar but like I said, I just want to start off on the right foot :)

Thanks.
Robin black mini

You WILL be fine..just have a safe place for when you cannot supervise your boy..you just have to protect the pup from rough play when they are a unsupervised.
Your male will be very happy with his new girlfriend..this will be far easier than adding a male pup.
Forget about the towel rub...just let your boy sniff the pup all over when she's on your knee..praise him ,then let him show her the ropes...ie in the garden when you let them out for a wee,you tell the male to go wee..then give direction to your girl and she will follow his path and do her business...it's so much easier to housetrain a pup when they have a role model to follow.
If your boy starts to " mob" the pup..ie lick or nose push excessively..tell him to slow down and be gentle...he will understand,and he will back up...if not correct him with your hand in a block position,coming between him and the pup and repeat your command...he will soon realise she is in his care too.

Finally the pup is an add on..don't let it take first place..and you and your existing dog will be fine..favour the pup and you may well have jealousy issues.
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Thank you, all my concerns have subsided.....mostly ;)

I'm sure we will be all good.
Robin black mini

Re: Sash

I don't know if you have human children,but it's like bringing in your first born..... :) the sleepless nights before they come...however will you cope??????
....and when they come ,you realise all they do is sleep and eat and poo and wee...and when they start to really influence your household and move around ,it's then you realise you have it all under your control and whatever were you worried about? LOL.

Your mantra.".it will be fine...calm and positive.."

Plus,in the first instance, up your boys excercise and praise a lot..take pup in a carry bag and carry on as normal...and repeat the mantra.....it will be fine... and it probably will.:)