Little no name has been born

The Schnauzer puppy stage goes by so quickly, so make sure you get lots of pictures and make sure that you share them with the rest of us. Bristle noses, floppy ears and wagging tails are all welcome.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Little no name has been born

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Ha smart pup, I would defo choose that one. =))
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Dawnspell wrote: 17 May 2019, 08:34 I think one likes it's food more than the others =))

I love that one, he should be destined for my house, as my two are SO food obsessed it's mad and it's not like they don't get fed (anyone seeing pics of my two would know that) :D
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

I've been to visit puppies today. They are all adorable :x Less than 4 weeks to collection :D
These two fell asleep on my knee
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Gorgeous puppies :x
So exciting :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Oh my goodness..... just stunning. Have you chosen yours and how did you choose??
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Such beautiful puppies/pictures - I bet you are counting down the days and weeks :)

Have you decided on a name yet or is that going to wait until you have the puppy home? Have you decided on a boy or a girl? *I cannot remember.
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Oscar 12345 wrote: 26 May 2019, 19:50 Oh my goodness..... just stunning. Have you chosen yours and how did you choose??
No not chosen. The breeder will choose she will know their characters better than us. One of them is going to be an assistant dog for a partially deaf person and another maybe going to be trained to be a "library dog" helping with children in schools to read.
mikegoodson1 wrote: 26 May 2019, 19:51
Have you decided on a name yet or is that going to wait until you have the puppy home? Have you decided on a boy or a girl? *I cannot remember.

A boy. The front runner for name is Jasper at the minute. Our son says he's calling him Moose though =))
Our first family dog
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

In one way I really like that the breeder chooses for you depending on the character and your circumstances but on the other hand I would be thinking which one is mine so that I could bond with a photo =))

I love the name Moose btw. Very happy for you.
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Post by Riesen16 »

Our Briard's and Enya's litter all wore different coloured "necklaces", either chrocheted or otherwise so from day one we knew which was ours. Enya's breeder made a calendar for each puppy. We collected her first at 12 weeks' old (a leftover!) but from the photographs we were able to see how she developed.
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

Oscar 12345 wrote: 26 May 2019, 20:24 In one way I really like that the breeder chooses for you depending on the character and your circumstances but on the other hand I would be thinking which one is mine so that I could bond with a photo =))

I love the name Moose btw. Very happy for you.
The last breeder chose Barney for us after meeting us and I have to say she got it spot on, we couldn't have chosen better.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted to choose one of them at 4 weeks as you just couldn't tell their characters and it's not as though you're attracted to different markings as they all look identical =))
Our first family dog
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

When we were breeding, we always chose the puppies for the families we judged to be best suited for them. If the breeder is really closely engaged with the puppies, they will pick up the different personalities and temperament of each and sometimes there can be significant differences which would make particular homes less ideal than others or special reasons why one puppy would be just right for only one e.g. if someone wanted to show, do agility, take the dog to work with them etc. and temperament, character are especially important.

We still keep in close contact with our puppy families and meet up with some of them regularly as well as having our former pups to stay for holidays and we have never had anyone regret they did not choose from the start which puppy to have. We did put coloured identifying collars on them once they were a few weeks old so potential puppy families could follow the litter mates as they grew (on a private Facebook group page) and photos / video clips posted daily which they could look back on too later when they knew which pup was going to be theirs.

Things have changed a lot over the years - when we got our first puppy (pre-internet days) we did not see her until we collected her, although the breeder was excellent and we had many telephone chats with her over the weeks from the birth to 8 weeks. So much easier nowadays to follow the pups' progress :-)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

With Rosie, we were told that she was the last of her litter but you'll know from previous posts I made that we believe she was supplied to our "breeder" for resale.

Never one to repeat the same mistake, Edie came from a KC assured breeder who gave us a choice from 3 pups (out of 7) that she thought would be suitable for us. We were kept well informed (skype viseo calls) and were suppplied with photo updates until we flew to UK to pick her up.

I'd missed the photo updates of no name and the litter somehow. They are adorable and I'm sure whichever boy you end up with, he'll have many happy naps on your knees :)
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

As I said on another post today, I'm jealous of the interaction many of you had and continue to have, with the breeders of your dogs, ours just wasn't like that, although KC registered, I feel that their interest was more of a financial one. *I have not mentioned breeder names or location so hoping this passes censorship ok.

With Oscar and Sasha (which were from the same breeder) we had a choice of one, they were both the last puppy left and I have to say that we are very happy with both of them. As Leigh mentioned, I don't know how we would have chosen given a choice of more than one puppy, having the breeder get to know you and deciding for you, sounds better to me.

Anyway, back to 'no name' and I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of him once he is home and a name given to him, they all look so cute. I still love the little one who plonked themselves on the feeding bowl to ensure, I assume, no one else could get there first :D
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

I have just over 6 years of one dog owning experience the breeder has over 40 years of multiple dogs, think she can read characters etc better than me.

I loved visiting and chatting about schnauzers. I enjoyed seeing the other adult dogs as much as the puppies.

Will have more photos soon OH is visiting tomorrow :D He's very excited and I'm very jealous I'm not going back :(
Our first family dog
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

OH didn't do many photos only videos so not much to post. Can't believe how much they've grown and become more active in a week
Our first family dog