Anyone with North Wales knowledge.....

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
annette101
Puppy
First Name: Annette

Anyone with North Wales knowledge.....

Post by annette101 »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions what to do with one mini schnauzer in North Wales.
Are there any places that will accept dogs?

Just googled it but I can't find anything more than a walk that i will have create myself...

Thank you
Annette
oscarsmate
First Name: stuart
Dog #1: oscar
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2008

Re: Anyone with North Wales knowledge.....

Post by oscarsmate »

Having just come back from a holiday in N Wales I can say they are not particularly dog friendly. None of the national monuments such as castles allow dogs.

We did take Oscar on the Welsh Highland Railway and that's about all. We didn't discover a pub that allowed dogs inside or on the patio area, just on an outside seating area which given it wasn't very warm rather limited our options , oh and a café in Barmouth by the harbour called the Lobster Pot allowed dogs inside and did a good breakfast.

From experience Cornwall and Cumbria are much more dog friendly allowing dogs in pubs and museums with the exception of National Trust.
Oscar 28/12/2008 - 27/8/2019 taken too soon, truly loved and sorely missed. He was a
n annoying git but he was our git :D
squidgy100

Post by squidgy100 »

That's all good to know oscarsmate...were looking at Xmas somewhere and I think we have just struck North Wales of the list!
All because of Lolah!
http://www.facebook.com/littletugtugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/littleladydoggycreations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
annette101
Puppy
First Name: Annette

Post by annette101 »

Oh, I am really surprised...
I sort of just presumed it would be all dog friendly...

never mind, we will spend less money in the pubs then...

Millie absolutely loves pubs...
oscarsmate
First Name: stuart
Dog #1: oscar
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2008

Post by oscarsmate »

If you go to Cumbria, Keswick particularly, then all the pubs allow dogs in. In fact one, the Dog and Gun, has a menu for humans and another menu for dogs. There are a lot of walkers with dogs so trade would suffer if they didn't.

In Cornwall. in the village where we go, the majority of pubs allow dogs, the one I go to the owner comes round with doggie treats. The fact he also has a Schnauzer helps.
Oscar 28/12/2008 - 27/8/2019 taken too soon, truly loved and sorely missed. He was a
n annoying git but he was our git :D
shaunius
Puppy
First Name: shaun
Dog #1: Horace
Born: 16 Apr 2014

Post by shaunius »

I wouldn't necessarily discount North Wales as there really are some lovely places to go!

You may find this website useful to find dog friendly pubs. Conwy in particular looks to have a good range of dog friendly pubs. I have a couple of friends who visit there often with their schnauzer and seem to spend a lot of time in the Albion Ale House :)) :))

http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/the_pubs.p ... &view=list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;