Share your secret!

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
shrek
Puppy

Share your secret!

Post by shrek »

How do you keep your schnauzers beard clean please!!!!!!!!!! Mollies is always brown at the ends and there must be a secret that no-ones shared with me as no-one elses schauzers look so mucky!

please x
amyandbarry
Puppy

Re: Share your secret!

Post by amyandbarry »

I've often wondered why their beards go that colour you see it in Westies too. I think it looks quite sweet!
Maggie May

Post by Maggie May »

I wipe Maggie's developing beard with my husbands flannel when he's not looking. (sing)
'I want to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.'
Maureen

Post by Maureen »

I use baby wipes - great for when they've had fish in tomato sauce (sick) .
Maureen & Meg
PrimaVista

Post by PrimaVista »

If they've had something messy, like sardines in tomato sauce, they get the wet flannel treatment.

Other than that, a daily dose of the slicker brush followed by a comb through seems to do the trick with my blacks.
http://www.primavistagiants.co.uk
BARFed Dogs = Super, Happy, Healthy Dogs !
REDWITCH Premium Dog Food Distributor
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Maggie May wrote:I wipe Maggie's developing beard with my husbands flannel when he's not looking. (sing)

(giggle) I will have to remember this one

we use THEIR OWN (Maggie may (tuttut) (giggle) ) flannels or baby wipes
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

They clean each others beards after a meal but a baby wipe most of the time.

But there beards are far from white I have got to a piont were i have given up. (question)
Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
terri

Post by terri »

I bath my dogs once a month but they still have stained beards. Every other bath they get a clip with it. I wash there beards 2-3 times each time and use a whitening shampoo, which helps a little bit. Bascically the staining in the beard is from their saliver but I think dog food and the dye thats in it is also a cause? So maybe barf dogs dont have such a problem?

My Westie does have the same problem but not as bad around his face as his hair is not so long, but his feet are brown because of licking, being a Westie he is prone to foot licking!

I have been told that a paste of bicarbonate of Soda removes some of the staining, leave it on for a few minutes then rinse and shampoo off. Bicarb is used for household stain removal in the home too. I have not tried as yet, but worth a try, mind it does not get in the mouth though.
Rolo
First Name: Carol

Post by Rolo »

Anyone tried bicarbonate of soda and egg white? Or cider vinegar? Why does bottled water help?
CharlieCharlie
Puppy
First Name: Charlie

Post by CharlieCharlie »

I've tasted the food of my pup few times... and it seemed pretty tasty (not awful as I thought).
:o3