What predicaments has your schnauzer got into ?

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

What predicaments has your schnauzer got into ?

Post by Dawnspell »

Barney does get himself into a pickle every so often and needs help. This morning was no exception.

We were having a walk on the cliff paths and he stopped to do a poo as high up as possible in the earth bank by doing his handstand poo. I stopped and was sorting poo bag out and when I looked down he still has his bum in the air with a clingon dangling. Yes he'd been grazing on grass yesterday and the grass was still in his bum with attached clingon. I then noticed he was balancing on 2 and half legs kind of hopping on the back leg to keep his bum in the air, with the other back leg stuck in the air at a funny angle.

Hmm, I then noticed that he'd managed to get the back leg in the air all tangled up in a bramble. Hence the hopping it hurt to try and put his leg down. Goodness knows how he managed it. he just looked at me as if to say "Help". We took care of the dangly then managed to free him from the bramble and carried on with our walk.

What other stories have you got about your furbabies ? I have more so you must have :D
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: What predicaments has your schnauzer got into ?

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Alison, you could be describing Otto there. We are now at the stage where he just stops in front of me and waits for me to sort him out but I have a handstand pooper also. When he was very small, not had him long, he squatted for a poop and started screaming. It was horrible, I really thought he had hurt himself some how. I managed to stop him going round and round checked his rear end and saw a very small bit of poop hanging from one of my blonde hairs. So I tugged on it and he just screamed even more. So now I was scared that my hair had tangled around something inside him, I tried again pulling harder, even worse screaming. I thought I will carry him home and cut it off but every time I tried to put him down the poop dangled and the weight made him scream, neighbours started coming out to find out what was going on. So I just couldn't open the door with one hand and hold Otto and I knew I wouldn't be able to find the scissors whilst holding him. The vet is 2 mins drive away so I asked a neighbour to drive me to the vet whilst I was holding Otto and the poop was cupped in my hand using a poo bag. Got to the vet and he pulled the poop very quickly and out it came with my hair. What an absolute palaver and what a twit I felt. He has got used to clingons now fortunately.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

These are funny...and I've got one too..
Every Saturday we go shopping in the mall..I wanted to "visit the bathroom "and hub waited in a "tunnel "by the bathroom with Robin and Stanley...( think echo chamber for the rest of this tale) ...,
RObin decided to greet me on my return( after 30 nanoseconds) with the schnauzer high squeal,PIP PIP PIP ?..we know this'schnauzer greeting well ...Now,imagine this in an echo chamber... Arghhhh...
Within seconds ,three security guards ,with guns,came running to see what the high distress sounds were....
Hub was squirming in embarrassment...people were stopping to look at what was going on. A typical schnauzer high five squeal of delight..but amplified in the tunnel it was akin to a terror alert..bwahaha
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Oh dear, that's when you had rather hoped the tunnel turned into a big gaping hole. I think those squeals are just left to the mini schnauzer and the basenji. Having a mini schnauzer with you in a pub, nice and quiet, lots of people in eating and drinking and suddenly a loud squeal from under the table terrifies the life out of everyone and they have no clue where it came from or what on earth it was. The only thing I can muster is a red face and a feeble sorry..... :(
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

My embarrassing moment isn't a noise one but a pee'ing one :)

Last week, when out walking with Oscar and Sasha over the park, there were a group of guys playing football, all innocent enough. Until Oscar and Sasha spotted their t-shirts/bags and trainers in a pile, they started sniffing them and before I knew it, Oscar had decided to mark his spot on one guys pair of trainers! The leg was cocked and out he pee'd.

I was mortified but what could I do? The guys hadn't spotted it so all I could do was call Oscar and Sasha away and carry on our walk rather sheepishly ;;)

I only hope the trainers were not expensive and wash up well :D
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Ha Mike, I bet they wouldn't have noticed. That reminds me of when Oscar was standing by our wooden farm gate and a well dressed man came to the gate to see if I was interested in something, might have been a JW person. Oscar, after having his ceremonious bark, cocked his leg up the gate whilst we were talking and happened to pee through the wooden slats right on to his ankles and shiny shoes. He wasn't very impressed, I was mortified and Oscar just trotted off. :-o
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

So I have one now to add for Sasha, not terribly exciting but embarrassing all the same.

I was woken at 4am this morning to the dulcet tones of a dog barking their head off outside, as I came to, I realised it sounded like a Schnauzer, then realised it was Sasha :(

Seemingly my wife had let Sasha out in the garden at 4am, to do her business but instead of doing that and coming back inside, Sasha had spotted or smelled something out in the garden she just didn't agree with :) No amount of calling her in would stop her barking (I had visions of all the neighbours lights going on and someone shouting out). She was standing in the middle of the garden in full Schnauzer mode (Head high / chest puffed out and rear legs rigid). And so the only way to try and calm her down, was to go outside, in my boxers and a torch, checking out what she had seen (nothing).

At that point, 4.15am, out in the garden with Sasha and now Oscar (who decided to come down and see what the fuss was about), with me standing there like a lemon, she felt calm enough to do what she needed to do in the first place. Oscar also decided to use the opportunity for a quick pee.

Then just like that, off they trotted back inside as if nothing had happened - they both hopped back on the bed and went back to sleep - leaving me with an hours catnap before having to get up for work! :D

But you know what, even when I got back into bed, I couldn't resist a little smile to myself - what a little poppet she is :)
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Mike,

It's funny how when they're sure that there's something that MUST be drawn to your attention, no amount of gentle persuasion will placate them. I'm like you though, no matter what the behaviour or inconvenience is, although I will try and correct it, I will usually have a chuckle to myself. I've been known to waken the wife as I run over the episode in my head as I drift off to sleep.

You story has left me wondering though. Just what was your wife wearing (or not) that she didn't get Sasha =))
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
mikegoodson1

Post by mikegoodson1 »

:)

She was just at the back door calling her, which I know generally just would not work. My wife will open the door for them to go out into the garden but doesn't really go with them, where as I normally do.

So there was no way she was going out in the garden, at 4am, to see to Sasha, even if she put a coat on :D
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Makes me laugh at some of the things I have worn at that time in the morning. Nightie, bath robe, ugg boots and ski jacket. Generally people do not recognise me when I have got my dog walking gear on. I always say I don't care what I look like as long as Otto has had a good walk and is not short changed just because the weather is inclement. Talking about inclement weather, I have just cleaned my long walking boots in readiness for Winter - I think it is about 28 degrees here today, no idea what triggered the need to do that.