For sale to good home - floor cleaner...

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

For sale to good home - floor cleaner...

Post by Oscar 12345 »

In good working order, 14 months old, black and silver, guaranteed to lick the kitchen floor all over between 8.30am and 9am every day thereby removing all crumbs, novelty schnauzer shaped. To good home only. :D

Does anyone else get "help" with the domestics?
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: For sale to good home - floor cleaner...

Post by zeta1454 »

Two of our minis are the same - one now 6 years old is the worst! I thought she had some kind of OCD but have had to just chill out and accept it. Neither seem to come to any harm and the floors are cleaned regularly (without any potentially damaging chemicals) but it is a weird behaviour :))
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

My two have not started doing that - although they got seriously told off this morning on a walk for bad behaviour but that's for another time - I don't think I have ever been so cross with them :(

But licking the floor clean........not yet :)
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Oh dear Mike, your morning walk sounds like my yesterday afternoon one. I came back declaring that was it and it was either neutering or the implant for Otto. Things didn't seem quite so bad this morning when I got up and with renewed efforts on training we had a very nice calm walk. I will look forward to your thread.... :D
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

mikegoodson1 wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 12:03 they got seriously told off this morning on a walk for bad behaviour but that's for another time - I don't think I have ever been so cross with them :(
Come on Mike, spill the beans :)
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

**Warning - do not read if you are eating, or about to eat***

Oscar and Sasha have been known, on walks, to make a bee-line for fresh horses dung - I usually try and get them away from it, as it isn't a nice habit. This morning on our walk, we had managed to avoid all said horses dung. We were walking down a path and in the distance, I could see tissues that looked 'soiled' and were against a tree. Of course this is like gold dust for Oscar, who made a beeline for it. I called him away - no joy.

I could see him sniffing/licking/eating something near the tissues and as I was calling him away in a sterner and sterner voice, whilst walking towards him, I could see what he was ingesting................it was poo, it was not horses and I'm 90% sure it wasn't dogs either, I strongly believe it was left over by another walker, caught short :ymsick:

I finally managed to get Oscar away and as I was trying to clean him a little and give him some water to drink, I noticed that Sasha had decided to have a little go at it too! When I called her, she did come over straight away bless her. But I was SO cross. I think I was cross that someone would do that in woods where people/dogs walk but also frustrated that my dogs had decided to investigate it and would not listen to me when I called them away.

They had a good wash with warm water when they got home, then a session with wet wipes and finally a spray of dog freshener with a brush through.

Of course, typical me, I stayed mad with them for about 30 minutes (which is a long time for me) then was consumed by guilt and made up with them.....slowly :)
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Mike, when I read your story my first thought was, I bet there was no making up kissing involved =))

I've had similar with Rosie though I'm 100% sure that the origin was from a cat! Edie, though more challenging in most ways, has never got involved in the poo eating.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

:ymsick:
Thank goodness I've got a fussy eater. Doesn't eat poo (maybe a couple of fresh rabbit droppings at a push) and the thought of degrading himself to licking the floor for food [-x =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"