Seaside

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Seaside

Post by mikegoodson1 »

My wife and I took the day off yesterday (Friday) and took Oscar and Sasha down to Camber Sands, before the May 1st restrictions are in place. Sasha had never been to the seaside before so I'm not sure what she made of it, she didn't venture into the sea but I think she is a natural 'fisher' as she found a dead crab to carry around for most of the walk, like it was some sort of prize.

For all of you that live near a beach and often walk your dogs there, I am SO jealous, it was such a lovely quiet walk, really peaceful and so nice walking on a clean beach with the waves rolling in.

A few pics below :D

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Seaside

Post by Dawnspell »

Lovely photos. We're surrounded by beaches and Barney found them boring if he was the only dog. He much preferred sniffing out bunnies and pheasants on the cliff paths =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Great photos Mike. We have just come back from 4 days in Lymington, no beach for us and the weather was absolutely awful. Otto did enjoy chasing the gulls though.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Post by jacdales »

lovely pics. We took Hamish to the beach once. 2 hours in traffic jams it's a 40mim journey in bad weather. A long search for parking place, a long walk to beach. Hamish tiptoed on the sand to the waters edge looked at it sniffed it looked at me and dragged me back as fast as he could to the concrete promenade. He then walked along it quite happy to be back on terra firma lol.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

I love going to the beach, mainly as I was brought up living at a beach when I was a child, and now we go for days out with Gino, his first time off the lead at 14 weeks was on the beach, he loves it, we did also take our last girl to the beach too.

Lovely photos....below Gino on the beach at 14 wks when we went to visit friends
Last edited by schnauzer on 06 Apr 2019, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Nice pics Mike. It looks like they enjoyed themselves. I was never one for the beach but I must confess that I love to see the girls run free on the sand. It always brings a smile to my face and I'm sure seeing Oscar and Sasha run around does the same for you.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Thanks very much for all of your comments regards the pictures, Oscar is much more camera ready than Sasha, she cannot sit or stand for long before she is off on her next adventure!

It just felt so peaceful walking along the beach - maybe because it was so quiet :) I'm sure it will not be the same next week once it's Easter Holidays :(
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Great pictures! Even the ones with the crab! =)

I would also love to live nearer the coast as we always have such great times there with Olls. He likes the sand for running on and rolling around but he isn't keen on the sea and runs away as the waves come in! We went to Camber Sands last October and it was so peaceful and quiet. Ollie had the run of the whole beach!

On our way home from our week down there we joined the Schnauzerfest walk at Rye Harbour and Ollie had THE best time down on the sands there with lots (and i mean LOTS!) of other Schnauzers! Fabulous memories.