Teflon really is non stick

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Teflon really is non stick

Post by Dawnspell »

I use the reusable sheets of teflon for dehydrating dog treats. Some I've had since Barney was a pup. After Ive taken the treats off theres normally a bit of dried stuff on the sheets. I used to let Barney and now let Jasper lick it off, it keeps him entertained for a while. I did some sliced lambs heart and chicken breast the other day and let Jasper have the sheet. I came back a while later to discover a nibbled out hole in the middle of the sheet :-o , no sign of it anywhere, yes Jasper had eaten it :ymdevil: . It wasn't a big hole so I wasn't too worried. I'm pleased to report it really is non stick and came out the other end no problem =))

There was also something bright red came out the other end, no idea what that was :))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Teflon really is non stick

Post by Oscar 12345 »

:)). I have had some very strange looks from people when I am closely inspecting poop to see what on earth has come out of the other end. Have you got a dehydrator or do you use a low oven?
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

I've got an ancient Aga dating back to the 1940s still in perfect working order 70 odd years later. I put stuff in the bottom oven which is low heat. Jasper knows the sound of the bottom oven door as opposed to the top oven and comes running automatically when he hears it being opened assuming something is in there for him :))
Our first family dog
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Bean
Puppy
First Name: Joy
Dog #1: Tilly
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 26 Jun 2020

Post by Bean »

Sorry, just looking through the topics and found this! About 3 years ago we went to Widdicombe fair with Bean and a very nice kind gentleman schnauzer breeder came over to us for a chat. He had brought his dogs along to the fair. He gave us some dried liver treats for Bean which she loved. We never knew his name. How would I do these myself? Slice it thin and pop in slow oven for how long? He did tell me but I’ve forgotten and got reignited reading this topic.
Dawnspell

Post by Dawnspell »

I find dried sliced liver a bit crumbly. Liver cake is a lot easier to handle. Some schnauzers are sensitive to too much liver and it can give them the runs, never had this problem with mine though. Liver cake is also better for tums as the liver is filled out with eggs and flour but still nice and smelly/tasty for pups.
Our first family dog
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Liver lost its value with Otto fairly quickly. I substituted fresh sardines for liver to make sardine cake... OMG the smell.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.