Upgrade and Changes

Any changes or interruptions to the regular service will be posted here.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Upgrade and Changes

Post by Dinkum »

The upgrade went pretty much to plan and we are operating on the latest version of the software, not that I think we will notice any changes. I have also made a few other changes, which I will highlight and explain below.

Sharing
I upgraded our version of Link Sharing. You will notice on the first post of a new topic there are little icons in the top right hand corner. Image If you want to, you can now click on the link to share that specific topic direct to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Google+.

Photobucket
I have made it easier to add photographs that you have in Photobucket into the forum. You still need a photobucket account and you need to upload your photo's to photobucket first. When you are starting a topic or replying to one, you will see a Photobucket button under the smilies to the right. If you click on that , it will open a window for you. If you haven't already logged in, you will be prompted to do so. Once you have logged in, you can navigate to your albums and see your photo's. When you find the one you want, simply click on it. It will have a blue border. Hit the 'Paste Media' button and it will put the correct code into your post for you. When you have finished adding your photo's, you can simply close the window and carry on as normal. Makes it a lot faster. It does not work with Quick Reply box which is below a post. You need to either use it in a new topic or a reply to topic window. It does not work on the Subsilver2 style.

Tapatalk
I have added Tapatalk to the forum. If you are accessing the forum from a mobile device running Android or iOS, you will be informed that Tapatalk is available. It costs £1.99 to download onto your device and it is supposed to make it easier to use the forum. You don't have to use it, but we have had a number of requests over the years.

Adverts
You may have noticed adverts appearing over the last few weeks as I have been testing things. I have modified the code, so that members that are logged in do not see the advert that was appearing in the middle of the topic, usually after the first post. They are still at the bottom of the page, but don't interrupt the topic any more. The adverts on the confirmation pages and various other places have been removed too. I have managed to do this in Prosilver, but not in SubSilver2 as it is totally different coding. If you are not logged in or a guest, you will see adverts within the topic. The adverts support the forum and hopefully will generate enough to pay for the upkeep and space.

There are a few other things in the pipeline that I didn't manage to complete, but I'll let you know about them as we go along. If you notice anything untoward or get any errors or messages, please let me know with details of the message, that I can fix it.

I hope you enjoy.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Upgrade and Changes

Post by BeeBee »

What a busy boy you've been ;)
Renae & Susie-Belle send their sloppy, schnauzery, tripe-dripping thanks and I'll send you a polite little Surrey-esque :ymhug:
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Claire Farrington
First Name: Claire

Post by Claire Farrington »

Thanks Dean for all your wondering work and help (*)
Properly Trained a man can be a dog's best friend

Sydney (Deansgate) gone to the Rainbow Bridge 19/04/2011 - Run free my little man
Jack (Silversocks Spot On) s/p mini born 10/04/2011
Jill (Silversocks Shana) s/p mini born 11/05/2011
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Great, thanks Dean :-bd
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

What's the Classified icon with a shopping trolley at the top for? I've (of course,thought it might be a shopping opportunity that I shouldn't risk missing) tried pressing it and it says I don't have access. Fair enough. Just wondering what it's up to up there ;;)
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

We're trialling it at the moment. If everything works OK we'll open it up to everyone.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

BeeBee wrote:What's the Classified icon with a shopping trolley at the top for? I've (of course,thought it might be a shopping opportunity that I shouldn't risk missing) tried pressing it and it says I don't have access. Fair enough. Just wondering what it's up to up there ;;)
I've blocked you to save your credit cards. These are also for sale in the forum shop and I didn't want you buying a pair.

Dean (Dog dad)

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
maxluath

Post by maxluath »

thanks Dean clear instructions as usual
pepsidog

Post by pepsidog »

Thanks Dean. I appreciate the time you put in here. ^:)^
Supporting the wild dogs of Africa - http://www.awdconservancy.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Dinkum wrote:
BeeBee wrote:What's the Classified icon with a shopping trolley at the top for? I've (of course,thought it might be a shopping opportunity that I shouldn't risk missing) tried pressing it and it says I don't have access. Fair enough. Just wondering what it's up to up there ;;)
I've blocked you to save your credit cards. These are also for sale in the forum shop and I didn't want you buying a pair.

=)) hope you've done the same kind service to others here on the forum, can't be getting special attention now can I!!
dougietee
First Name: Doug
Dog #1: Honey
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 29 Nov 2011

Post by dougietee »

i can confirm that tapatalk works!
:D
thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floundering about in schnauzer land.
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

dougietee wrote:i can confirm that tapatalk works!
thank you

I'm going to try using it too, downloaded, kind of had a go earlier, have to retrain myself to get used to it I think. It's good for seeing photos on the iPad.
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

dougietee wrote:i can confirm that tapatalk works!
thank you

Great. One part of the system I couldn't test.
Dean (Dog dad)

Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

BeeBee wrote: hope you've done the same kind service to others here on the forum, can't be getting special attention now can I!!
You, Kate, Odette, Kathleen, Claire, it's a long list of people... =))
Dean (Dog dad)

Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Dinkum wrote:
BeeBee wrote: hope you've done the same kind service to others here on the forum, can't be getting special attention now can I!!
You, Kate, Odette, Kathleen, Claire, it's a long list of people... =))
You are just so good to us =)) =)) =))
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage