New look

Any changes or interruptions to the regular service will be posted here.
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Re: New look

Post by Caramomo »

Dinkum wrote:
Caramomo wrote:No, it's a bit too salmon pink for me, I'd prefer a more vibrant shade to wake me up in the morning and really give the eyes a workout! =))
I'll try and be more obliging next time. Nice to see you back. How are things? :-bd
Thanks. All is good, had a really busy 6-8 months but everything has calmed down now and life is back to normal and I'm back in Malaysia with my girls. I still regularly get my ear drums exploded whenever the door bell rings, Cara still thinks she runs the show, Mo is as bolshy as ever and last week Molly took her food theft skills to new heights by stealing from the kitchen counter, her purloined treat? Ant poison. Fortunately after a morning running around trying to get a vet to see her she was given a clean bil of health. It's amazing the lengths a dog will go to for a few extra treats and a ride in the car! =))
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

As the most gullible person around, who has been caught out by Dean's April 1st pranks on at least two occasions, I am very glad I wasn't on line earlier in the day or I would have been caught again =)) =)) =))

Good to see you about Elaine :-bd Have missed you and your words of wisdom ;) Big hugs to you and the gang :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Gina

Post by Gina »

And then there are people like me who use Tapatalk on the iPad - so tell me Dean - are you responsible for the constant site crashing? I ask because it always seems to happen when I get to an interesting bit - or maybe it is the tapatalk gremlins at work :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Dinkum wrote:
Lou78 wrote:Why do people give you stick for it being blue?
[/quote

...... I think we're the only one still operating.

I think this is the only one!!! Well, the only one I could find when I was doing my schnauzer research!!! I am so glad I did!!!

Well done anyway....you had me fooled!!! ;)
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Gina wrote:And then there are people like me who use Tapatalk on the iPad - so tell me Dean - are you responsible for the constant site crashing?
I have nothing to do with Tapatalk. It's an independent app. It's used by 100's of forums around the world to allow members ease of access. I don't know how it works or why it would crash constantly. It's not supported by the forum and I always recommend using the actual web site.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Gina

Post by Gina »

I was teasing Dean :). Tapatalk is pretty rubbish if I'm honest, but it is so easy to just pick up the iPad when you flop of an evening that my lap top is consigned to the dim reaches of the cupboard under the stairs :)

Using Tapatalk
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

The new forum doesn't use Tapatalk and supports mobile devices directly. It's still in the early stages of development, but from what I have seen, it is pretty slick and creates a more integrated experience. If the development continues as it is, I should have it ready by the end of the year. And it won't be red, I promise :ymdevil:
Gina wrote:I was teasing Dean :). Tapatalk is pretty rubbish if I'm honest, but it is so easy to just pick up the iPad when you flop of an evening that my lap top is consigned to the dim reaches of the cupboard under the stairs :)

Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Gina

Post by Gina »

Now that sounds exciting! :)

Using Tapatalk
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Hahahaha..good one..I fell for it .i didn't like the red idea ,too hard on my eyes....like the blue. Just woke up, that red was a shocker LOL.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Gina wrote:And then there are people like me who use Tapatalk on the iPad - so tell me Dean - are you responsible for the constant site crashing? I ask because it always seems to happen when I get to an interesting bit - or maybe it is the tapatalk gremlins at work :)

I like tapatalk for the same reasons as you, Im not having issues, have you tried uninstalling and starting again with it? Or is there an update you need do that might help?
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
AB2012
First Name: Annabel
Dog #1: Alfie
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 05 Sep 2012
Dog #2: Reeva
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2013

Post by AB2012 »

I have to say as it's no longer April 1st I was taken in for a few seconds... :))
And my eyeballs protested at the red!
Thank goodness you are still blue! :)
Alfie p&s standard boy, born 5.9.12; Reeva p&s standard girl. born 6.7.13- adopted 17.5.15
“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”
― Milan Kundera
Gina

Post by Gina »

Good idea Bee I'll give it a go - only problem is I never remember my log in details :)

Using Tapatalk