Forum Facebook page

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
Gryff-NessasDad

Re: Forum Facebook page

Post by Gryff-NessasDad »

:-\
Last edited by Gryff-NessasDad on 22 May 2013, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

Stop bloody arguing! If you want facebook, go use it. If you don't stay here. No need for spiteful crtisisms. Surely we are adults not children in a playground. End of.......
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
Robert Lockwood
First Name: ROBERT

Post by Robert Lockwood »

You are quite right Kathleen the arguing should stop and things will blow over but the result will be the same....the forum will have lost valuable experienced members all because the 'admin team' didn't play things straight :( the whole sorry episode could have easily been avoided- someone messed up it's as simple as that.
Salomon
First Name: Sarah
Dog #1: Gaspard
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 03 Jun 2012
Dog #2: Diego
Born: 10 May 2013

Post by Salomon »

Well I had missed all of this until now. I used to use the FB page as it. Was fun and easy to see photos etc. once too many people are on it get confusing ! I much prefer a forum as yu can dip in and out. Loading photos is easy from a mobile using tapatalk ( i got that advise here).
Forums are difficult creatures to run. Its a public space and no one wants to run foul of any laws. As a meeting place for lovers of schnauzers its excellent ...and thats exactly as it should be. I shall look at FB of course as its easy and topical ...but...you cannot replace a forum for proper information and discusssion.
Can we just try and keep this schnauzer forum going ? I find it very very useful and respect so many opinions here and would not want to lose that.

Thanks
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Salomon wrote:Well I had missed all of this until now. I used to use the FB page as it. Was fun and easy to see photos etc. once too many people are on it get confusing ! I much prefer a forum as yu can dip in and out. Loading photos is easy from a mobile using tapatalk ( i got that advise here).
Forums are difficult creatures to run. Its a public space and no one wants to run foul of any laws. As a meeting place for lovers of schnauzers its excellent ...and thats exactly as it should be. I shall look at FB of course as its easy and topical ...but...you cannot replace a forum for proper information and discusssion.
Can we just try and keep this schnauzer forum going ? I find it very very useful and respect so many opinions here and would not want to lose that.

Thanks
Nicely said, agree with you and Kathleen, let's talk schnauzers that's what's brought us all here in the first place and there's room for everyone.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

Go_Eddie wrote:
BBG wrote:Because I'm being critical of whats going on around here. I think the whole thing could have been handled with a little more tact and understanding.

I understand the reasons behind shutting the fb page down, i just don't understand or like the way its been done. Or why you've removed Laurens posts linked to a schnauzer friends page she set up a long time ago, before the Forum fb page was ever conceived!
I'm not sure how many ways I can explain things. The forum FB page was a mistake and we are very sorry. There are many schnauzer FB groups and Lauren's is one of them. We wish her well and those who enjoy FB will get as much satisfaction form that group as they did from the forum FB page.
We are a FORUM. We are different from FB. People will use whichever format they prefer. Stop trying to make us some sort of ogre who has destroyed your only source of enjoyment.
I'm not questioning the reason WHY you've shut the fb page down. It's much easier to navigate and find information on a FORUM than it is on fb and is a better resource unless the admins file documents. And a realise not everyone is on fb or likes using it so some FORUM members feel excluded. But I think it could have been handled in a more sensitive and tactful manner - Maybe simply along the lines giving people a few days notice!

You haven't destroyed my only source of enjoyment! ;) But like many others who have a passion for Schnauzers, I've taken exception to the way it was done! A simple message to say it was closing at the end of the month/week because it had served it purpose and leaving it accessible to read, but not live to post on, incase of future emergencies might have been a more sensible, simple and sympathetic approach.
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

I accept your points but the intention was that it would still be accessible for reading. For some reason the link doesn't work at the moment but hopefully that can be rectified.

I'm pleased to hear that you still have enjoyment in your life. :ymdevil:
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image