How to win friends and influence people!!!

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
hart
First Name: odette

How to win friends and influence people!!!

Post by hart »

Why it is said that "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit", I feel in this case it is justified..... Well done Dean for upsetting and p****ing so many people off!!!!. Closing down the FB page hasn't encouraged people to come back to this forum.

As it was pointed out in the previous thread on here , we really don't need to clutter up the forum with everyday chit chat.

Maybe you should have more respect for what the majority of members want , being as you have now lost quite a few!!!!
:-?? we're all still trying to figure out your discision
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Re: How to win friends and influence people!!!

Post by Eddie »

Sorry you're upset but this is a FORUM. It is not FB. If you want to use FB you have many groups that you can join. If you need help and advice on a particular problem you are welcome to access the archived information on the forum.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
snute2008
Puppy
First Name: Simon
Dog #1: Pip
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Sep 2008
Dog #2: Holly
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 21 Nov 2007

Post by snute2008 »

Well said Hart, I joined this forum as I thought it was for the benefit of all our dogs - the members are - but the moderators seem to have their own agenda. It is a real shame. The forum, managed properly could have coped with the chit chat and the uploading of photos and then there would not have been the need for a facebook group at all. Make use of modern technology and make these things a success.
hart
First Name: odette

Post by hart »

Missing the point though Grahame, we know the Forum isn't FB and that it was set up whilst the forum was down, but it's upset and angered a lot of people just shutting it down, and right after everyone had posted their pics of the walk!!!
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

hart wrote:Missing the point though Grahame, we know the Forum isn't FB and that it was set up whilst the forum was down, but it's upset and angered a lot of people just shutting it down, and right after everyone had posted their pics of the walk!!!
That's precisely the problem. The pics. could have been posted on the forum. On FB the pics. would have been lost as the timeline moves on. Threads on the forum are always accessible.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

snute2008 wrote:Well said Hart, I joined this forum as I thought it was for the benefit of all our dogs - the members are - but the moderators seem to have their own agenda. It is a real shame. The forum, managed properly could have coped with the chit chat and the uploading of photos and then there would not have been the need for a facebook group at all. Make use of modern technology and make these things a success.
I'm pleased to hear that you know so much about how a forum should be run. We could all benefit from your expertise so you may care to post your ideas in the "Forum topics & ideas" section.
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

I for one am sick to death of all this nastiness. GET OVER IT! If you want FB join Schnauzer Friends. Just stop throwing empty insults at individuals for goodness sake. Lets get back to the subject of Shnauzers please.
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)
jaegervalder
First Name: Kathleen
Dog #1: Schnapps
Born: 25 Oct 2006
Dog #2: Darcie
Born: 29 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Juno
Born: 0- 0-2010

Post by jaegervalder »

Ohh and by the way, it's not necessarily the majority, as many people,like me will not waste energy bickering. I hated the FB and just left....my opinion, but kept it to myself.

There, you've made me start now!!!!!!!

Did I tell you I have 3 schnauzers..........................
Schnapps , the lovely big sister to mental Darcie , the untouchable
and now introducing Juno Lucina Sparkle Marzipan Sunshine.....a big name for a big dog!!
and Kathleen! (Oh and Mel, OH!)