introductions

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
dannie_kl

introductions

Post by dannie_kl »

i was thinking lately, some people come here and only post one or two posts, say like come to say there dog needs a new home, which i think is nice that the forum is helping some wonderful dogs find new homes but is it just me or wuld it be nice if each member had to do an introduction of themselves? thinking maybe if they get a friendly welcome like we always give they might feel welcomed and be inclined to come on board fully as opposed to the 1 or 2 nevessary posts in the relevant section then never to be seen again?
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Re: introductions

Post by Eddie »

I think it would be a good idea but I'd have to work out how it could be done.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

i figured that would be the case-good idea but how could it be made to work. well i am sure with all your brains you will figure something good out!
Trace&Chris

Post by Trace&Chris »

perhaps a little form to fill out, i.e. part of the country they live in, how many dogs, size, etc etc.... just thinking out loud maybe a mod could email a form to complete once they have registered and they could then cut and paste into their intro post.
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

That's not a bad idea and could be made to work but my preference would be to have the forum do it automatically.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

well what about if they could only post in the introduction section to begin with, once they make their first post there they can then access the rest of the board?