Andis Blade - difference between 7 and 7F

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Re: Andis Blade - difference between 7 and 7F

Post by Robin black mini »

Julie,I would do the same on your dog as I know you like to keep his leg furnishings longer.
he looks great,and has longer legs than my girl.
I also brush upwards with the slicker,and also to dry( human turbo drier...she doesn't like my force drier which I use on the poodle) and the leggings fill out..but she has short little legs so longer hair also doesn't suit her proportions.
My girl is kept quite short on the legs( max an inch) so they dry fast when we come back from the fields every day..I scissor the legs,and every so often will pull the coarse knife through to get out the undercoat and brown dead hair..
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hi Jo, I agree you do what suits your dog. Oscar was quite long in the body so I used to leave his thigh furnishings at the top quite long to make his body look shorter.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Julie,I think for the poster who is new to stripping we have to look at her immediate needs..you and I are fine tuning re finishing,grading coat etc.which she won't need with a pup,..so for me ,the priority is a functional list for a beginner .

Re fine tuning..I've been using my ear knife for fine finishing on ththe coat.....what a treat...the finish is so much better..
You have to get one.. For all the last fine hairs..
https://www.google.it/search?q=mars+ear ... J6wKTuAqEM: