Beard stain...

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Re: Beard stain...

Post by schnauzer »

mikegoodson1 wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 16:42 Well I have bought some charcoal biscuits for Sasha (and Oscar) so we'll see how we get on :D

That's good Mike but please remember it's not an overnight change so it does take some time also I recommend the probiotic yoghurt as I use both every day.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Suzianna
First Name: Suz

Post by Suzianna »

Can anyone advise best food to feed our schnauzer to help keep her beard white? Any tips onbwhere to buy charcoal bics and how many to feed per day and or probiotic yogurt? How much please?
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Suz, I have these and give a half a day. Christine (schnauzer uses different ones and I think gives 2/3 day but check out her previous post above as she does advise.

https://www.littlepetbiscuitcompany.co. ... al-aniseed

Yoghurt 1 tsp/day. Yeo do a good greek one zero fat and zero sugar. I am moving on to Kefir which they advise 20ml/day (4 tsp) for a dog (seems a lot). He will be sharing it with me but it tastes absolutely rank... :ymsick: so I am sure Otto will love it.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Beard envy a go-go over here! Not only is Ollie's discoloured (although not as bad as it was at one stage!), but his is also particularly short at the moment as he had to have some "dreadlocks" cut out at his last groom and I went for the "let's just start again" on the beard front!

We found getting him on better quality food and more regular washing and grooming seemed to get rid of the very "orange-ness"! Being a schnauzer though, he is always "face to the floor" dragging his beard through all sorts! There are still some bits around his mouth that discolour but not as bad as it was. I am not too worried but I can understand some owners do not like the staining.
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Mike, how are you getting on, seen any improvement?
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure if it's some sort of placebo effect on my part but her beard stain definitely looks better, less brown staining. I usually give Sasha and Oscar a charcoal biscuit treat each day since I got them back in November, even Oscars brownish tinge seems to have gone. I have not changed their diet at all, they are still eating the same mix of food so it must be the biscuits :)

So thanks for that, I'll keep them on the biscuits, I'm sure they will be happy about that :D

Thanks,
Mike
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Mike good to read that you think there is an improvement do keep up the process. Hope you are taking photos as it would be good to see the before & after

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Mike good to read that you think there is an improvement keep up with process. Post some photos to let us see what’s happening

Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Well that's good news Mike. Don't know about you but at different times of the day in different lights staining can look lighter or darker.