Question About Schnauzer Colors

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
AllieKat77
First Name: Allie
Dog #1: Raevyn
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 28 Jun 2018

Question About Schnauzer Colors

Post by AllieKat77 »

Hi everyone! I’m actually fairly new to the Schnauzer scene with my Black Beauty Raevyn. I got her a handful of months ago and she’s absolutely perfect. She’s a gorgeous deep black color (when she’s not covered in mud!) My question comes from my mother actually. She recently got a Standard Schnauzer as well, as she simply adored Raevyn, and he’s 16 weeks old, black. She brought him over to mine to introduce him to Raevyn and I noticed that he has grey behind his ears on his neck. I became quite curious if that coloration is merely a beauty mark or if he has the potential to turn pepper and salt. I tried to find the answer on my own but I was just getting linked to miniature schnauzers. It doesn’t matter to either of us in any way, we both absolutely adore him. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks so much!
Allie ~ Standard Schnauzer Momma
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Re: Question About Schnauzer Colors

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

HI Allie,

For a standard schnauzer, there are two colours: black; and pepper and salt. My youngest mini was very black when small and the only give away that she was P&S was the colouring behind the ears. Other than that you'd have thought she was a black and silver.

Over time, with weekly stripping and twice weekly carding, she is now almost fully P&S though she has a stubborn streak of black on her back.

Can you upload a few photo's so that we can see?
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
AllieKat77

Post by AllieKat77 »

Thank you so much for the reply! I’ll try to get a good picture of his ears tomorrow, he’s already back home. I’m the babysitter so he’s not alone all day, haha.
Schnauzer Sam wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 19:45 HI Allie,

For a standard schnauzer, there are two colours: black; and pepper and salt. My youngest mini was very black when small and the only give away that she was P&S was the colouring behind the ears. Other than that you'd have thought she was a black and silver.

Over time, with weekly stripping and twice weekly carding, she is now almost fully P&S though she has a stubborn streak of black on her back.

AllieKat77

Post by AllieKat77 »

For some reason it won’t let me upload a photo? I tried everything and I’m not sure what I am doing incorrectly
Schnauzer Sam wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 19:45 HI Allie,

Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

Hi Allie,

Just below the text box where you write your post you'll see a blue text link that says "Add images to post: Click on that then uou'll see a box that says "choose images". Just browse to your photo and add the pic.

To add more than one picture just repeat the steps and finally click submit to post your comments with pics in the usual way.
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/