My schnauzer coat changing color

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
drea97
Puppy
First Name: drea

My schnauzer coat changing color

Post by drea97 »

to light brown. I took my dog grooming two week ago her coat are grey/black. I wondered can I use black and grey shampoo get my dog coat back to normal color.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: My schnauzer coat changing color

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Andrea, did the groomers clipper her jacket? It could be that the colour change is due to the colour of the undercoat which is now more noticeable after clipping or it could be that the light brown colouring is part of her genetic coat colour. Many pepper and salt minis do have brownish coloured hairs mixed in with the others and it can become more or less noticeable as they mature. Shampoo will not change the colour - you would need a hair dye to do that which is not recommended of course.

There are other reasons for coat colour to change including some health issues but, if Cookie is fit and well and this change did occur right after the visit to the groomers, unless they used some bleaching agent in their products which is unlikely, I would think this colour change is natural and may just be part of her look now.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
drea97
Puppy
First Name: drea

Re: My schnauzer coat changing color

Post by drea97 »

The grooming shave my dog.... here is the picture of Cookie fur color.

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/ful ... 3110311955