Dear Eddie

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
the valkyrie
First Name: Cyndie

Re: Dear Eddie

Post by the valkyrie »

I remember your terribly anxious postings of Eddie's last illness and the shock of your Rainbow Bridge message' RIP EDDIE'
I was so upset as I don't think anyone on the forum expected such a shocking outcome. I lost my girl at 6 years old, just 8 weeks before your Eddie and like you, we will always hold her in our hearts.
Our darling Cassie-too born 11.1.2006 left us 1.6. 2012.
Miss you every day little girl xx
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

Just seen this, brought a tear to my eye. Run free Eddie - Im sure you are looking down on your family and will be reunited one day xx :)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Dear Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Dear Eddie

Well my man, that's another year that's passed and I just want you to know that you are still very much in our thoughts. There is not a day goes by without something happening to remind us of you.

Mouse is quite happy and well and has a very good relationship with Reilly and Daisy. I don't know if she still misses you but a very strange thing happened this morning. Your Mum was talking to you and using your name when suddenly Mouse started barking furiously and running around under your mantlepiece. It seemed like she thought you had returned and she was trying to get to you. I don't know if that was the case but it was certainly peculiar.

We are going to take you for a drive this afternoon as it is a long time since you've been out of the house and I'm sure that the others will enjoy it on your behalf. It is a sad day but we have many happy memories and take great satisfaction from knowing that you never had an unhappy day in your short life.

Continue running free little man and remember that you were and still are loved very much.
XXXXX
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

Thinking of you all today and your beautiful boy Eddie.

He will be close to you and Mouse must sense him, hopefully his presence is of comfort to her.

We will be remembering lots of happy times we spent together when our boys were pups.

Love to you all xxx
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
Wookie Woo
First Name: Helen
Dog #1: Wookie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 01 Sep 2009

Post by Wookie Woo »

:ymhug: to you all, can't believe it's three years, it was four years ago in April we lost Lucy our lovely cocker and she is often mentioned and certainly never forgotten, she's in our lounge and I'm sure she watches Wookie, I often wonder what she would of thought of Wookie, both are equally fabulous but different in so many ways :ymhug: xxx
Helen & Gary - owners of "Wookie" (since 11.6.2011)  born 1.9.2009 (Mini Schnauzer)
Previously owned Lucy our lovely cocker spaniel.
http://www.happydogwalksandpetcare.co.uk/
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Dear Eddie

I can't believe that another year has gone by. It's now four years since you left us but you are still very much in our thoughts. The big news is that we have now left the UK and are back in Australia. You came with us of course, safely in your Mum's handbag and you now occupy pride of place on the mantlepiece, next to your Mum's Dad. Daisy, Mouse and Reilly didn't travel quite so comfortably, they were in crates with all the luggage and then had to spend ten days in quarantine. They were certainly pleased to see us when we collected them. The three of them love it here. They have a very big yard with lots of room to run and chase birds. Mouse spent a day tentatively walking the perimeter and noting any obstacles and now runs very confidently, something she was never able to do in our smaller UK yards. It's really nice to see.

Reilly is reminding us a lot of you. He is very loving but can be a little independent, although he is very confident and smart. He might be the youngest but he definitely thinks he is in charge. Mouse hasn't changed, she is still delightfully naughty and we love her dearly, just as you did. She is having a nice life. Daisy is eleven now but is quite well and settling in to old age although she is still capable of a good burst of speed should a bird be bold enough to enter her space.

The 25th of July is always a sad day for us but we take comfort from the fact that you knew how much we loved you.

Till next time.
xxxxxx
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

Lovely words for dear Eddie, still missed so much and leaving such a huge hole in the heart, thinking of you today and know exactly what you are going through, it doesn't really get any easier does it, you just learn to live with it.
Champ629

Post by Champ629 »

Thinking of your lovely boy Eddie today, the years pass but feelings don't change. He was a special boy and will never be forgotten. I like to think he is with Dee Dee, playing in the sunshine.

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Thinking of you and the family. Lovely annual tribute to a much loved friend :ymhug:
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
the valkyrie
First Name: Cyndie

Post by the valkyrie »

Graham you have a wonderful way with words. Your loving messages about Eddie always reduce me to tears. It was only eight weeks before you lost your beloved boy that we had to have Cassie pts as she had a tumour behind her eye. 5 days before she was running around as usual too. She was six.
I am glad that your crowd has settled in to Australia so well.
Our darling Cassie-too born 11.1.2006 left us 1.6. 2012.
Miss you every day little girl xx
Jillybeans
Puppy
First Name: Jill

Post by Jillybeans »

Hiya
Sitting here this morning since 5am missing our little Poppy who left us yesterday.
All of a sudden our world has gone quiet.
David and me are not saying much to each other because we know what we are thinking.
The washing machine is whirring behind me with her blanket .. No more warm cuddly Poppy smell.
Being a shy uncertain little girl we picture her standing at Rainbow Bridge confused and not sure what to do.
At this exact moment I know and share the pain you clearly still have
I hope in the time that has passed since your loss that the hole that I KNOW you feel in your hearts
Is healing.

Love Jilly and David.x
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Dear Eddie

Well my man, it's now been five years since you left us and not a day goes by without us thinking of you. This year you will have been gone for longer than you were here. It's very sad, you would only be ten and should be happily running with the others.

Everyone has settled in to Australia. They spend more time outside than they did in the UK and did not seem too bothered by our forty plus degree Summer. We have started camping again and had the first trip in our new camper last weekend. Everyone had a nice time and they really enjoyed a run on the beach. They slept well on the way home.

Your friend Jake has been a bit unwell but he is doing OK now. Mouse is very happy and just as naughty as ever. Reilly has started helping her get around just the way you used to. He will stamp his foot or woof and Mouse will follow the noise. He still has to be the centre of attention though. Daisy is starting to take things a bit easy now but she's still capable of energetic bursts of activity if something excites her.

Till next time my friend.
Love from us all.
xxxxxx
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

Oh Graham, how time flies but the heartache goes on, Eddie I am sure is watching over you and knows how much you miss him
Champ629

Post by Champ629 »

We miss you Eddie, you were and still are a much loved little dog. Never forgotten gorgeous boy. Run forever free xxx

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Always remembered. Thinking of you and the family too, Graham. Run free Eddie xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/