Good night, Atticus

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Re: Good night, Atticus

Post by jacdales »

lol sorry laughing at the Otto comments yeh that would be Hamish
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

Oscar 12345 wrote:Just finished reading this - had me blubbing even though it wasn't a sad ending. I wonder if Atticus was really a schnauzer. It was the bit where they came across a brown bear and Atticus saw it, froze and stayed silent until it wandered off. My text would have read "Otto, upon seeing the bear, leapt 3 feet into the air, barked like crazy whilst galloping towards it only to then realise the immense size of the issue and not small risk to himself causing him to retreat rapidly leaving Mum to deal with the fall out." Yes that's more like it. :D
Yes sounds like Milla too. :)

Max on the other hand was a "Clint Eastwood" of Standard Schnauzers. He was big for the breed standard. I mention CE because he got into very few scraps (I normally anticipated anything) but he had the "well do you feel lucky, punk?" stare that seemed to break bigger dogs stares and they tended to walk away.

I think they would call it an x-rated stinkeye in North America. :)

Max's stinkeye.

Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Yes, Max looks quite scary to me. Looks like an old army sergeant about to bellow at his troop for not keeping up. :) Actually he rather reminds me of Windsor Davies - It Ain't Half Hot Mum".
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.