My precious girl

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

My precious girl

Post by schnauzer »

My Suzi was diagnosed a few weeks ago with a mass in her lung, my vet referred us to the vet hospital where she had a CT scan, blood taken & a biopsy nothing definitive showed from biopsy & blood so as it was confined to the one area they were confident it could be removed. We took her on Wednesday but she was scheduled for surgery yesterday morning first thing...It didn't go well as surgeon called us while she on the table to say it was attached to many areas. He gave us the option of removing it but couldn't guarantee her quality of life, or not removing it again no guarantee of quality of life as she was coughing & choking a lot. So we let her go while she was asleep as I just couldn't watch her suffer so she didn't she just went for a sleep yesterday morning & didn't wake up. I'm so upset as this girl made us laugh & smile 24/7 she has left a huge whole in my life as she was my life for 12yrs & 11 month. I'm missing you so much xxx
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: My precious girl

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I know I don't know you but I'm really sorry for your loss, we have had Oscar for 19 months now and I know I could not bear to be without him, I cannot imagine the loss you would feel after 12 years or so.

It would be nice to see some pics of Suzi in happier times, when you feel up to it.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

I agree with mike,it's hard to lose any dog but these little schnauzers have such huge personalities it is like losing a part of yourself. I'm sorry for the loss of your girl Suzi,and it's been harder for you as it came in such an unexpected way you didn't have time to prepare yourself.
I smiled when you said she made you laugh and smile 24/7 because this is exactly the way we have been the last two years with our girl Robin. WE send you a huge hug for little Suzi.
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

I am so sorry to hear this Christine. I met Suzi and she was a lovely little girl.
I guess you know that you made the right decision for her but it doesn't make it any easier does it.
Many of us have been where you are and it is a really horrible place.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Post by GaryThomlinson »

Really sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you.
Gary
Saint Indy
First Name: Susie
Dog #1: Indy
Born: 06 May 2009

Post by Saint Indy »

So very sorry for your lost.
I hope this poem helps.

The Rainbows Bridge Poem
RainbowBridge.com Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Eddie wrote:I am so sorry to hear this Christine. I met Suzi and she was a lovely little girl.
I guess you know that you made the right decision for her but it doesn't make it any easier does it.
Many of us have been where you are and it is a really horrible place.
Graham thanx it sure is a horrible place to be I'm keep saying to myself that I cant believe it the house is empty she has left a huge hole in my life as she was my life & made us laugh & smile 24/7

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Imageg

This was taken this week 2 days before I let her go

schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Also this one taken on the same day had just been groomed had to get her very short as they had shaved her when she went for her CT scan 4 wks previously. Miss you lots Suzi x

Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

Can I suggest to you that when the time is right that you consider getting a new little pup. I know that you never can (or would even want to) replace Suzi but a new pup with it's own demands and personality will be a great distraction.
It is coming up for 5 years since we lost our Eddie and we still miss him dreadfully but our gang of 3 are a constant joy.
Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

May I say you kept her beautifully..you can see she was the love of your life.
My true heart dog passed away two years ago...an apricot standard poodle who was so In tune with me I felt I would never get over her passing.I also had a silver ,Swedish imported ST poodle male in the house but to me it just wasn't enough. I bought my black mini schnauzer to help his loneliness and maybe to help me too....little did I realise how huge these little dogs are in character and presence.
No two dogs are the same ,you can't replace one youve lost but to go ahead with the loss on your shoulders is a heavy burden.
I see a lot of my precious girl in this new little soul...we bonded at once and I like to think my old girl is happy for us both. I hope you do the same and continue to treasure the joy they bring .
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

So sorry to hear your very sad news, its devastating when we have to let them go but take comfort in knowing you did what was best for Suzi. Thinking about you.
Coz50
Puppy
First Name: Coz

Post by Coz50 »

Hi Christine,
So very sorry to read about Suzi, I can't imagine what you are going through. It must be so horrible to be put in the position to have to make such a choice. I'm sure you did the right thing though as it sounds as though either way she would have suffered and watching her go through that would also have been so painful too, with eventually the same outcome.
You'll have to grieve and that is do painful and a necessary part of living your little dog so much. I do hope eventually you'll be able to find space in your life for a new little friend, not to replace Suzi but just to have that pleasure again of another doggy companion that needs you. Xx
Schnauzer girls
Puppy
First Name: Karyn

Post by Schnauzer girls »

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I know exactly how wretched you are feeling as I too am feeling that way. We had to say goodbye to our little sweetheart Zena last Monday 10 April. Two months before she had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and was given a few short weeks to live. It was untreatable. My strong little girl kept going for 2 months surprising everyone but she was full of determination her whole life. It was the hardest decision ever to make but ultimately the right one. I feel so empty the whole time and the house seems very quiet. We miss her terribly. And I can say she made us laugh every single day too. Must be schnauzers . They really are the best of companions. Our little girl was only 9 years old and we feel she was taken way too soon. We had so much more fun things to do with her. Life seems very unfair. The only thing holding us together is our little Molly. Zena's daughter. Molly is almost 6 and an absolute delight. Just like her mum. She is missing her but is handling it way better than we thought.
My thoughts are with you and here's hoping our little girls, both being schnauzers, meet up at the rainbow bridge and have some fun together. Take care. It's a hard road.
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Schnauzer girls wrote:I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I know exactly how wretched you are feeling as I too am feeling that way. We had to say goodbye to our little sweetheart Zena last Monday 10 April. Two months before she had been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer and was given a few short weeks to live. It was untreatable. My strong little girl kept going for 2 months surprising everyone but she was full of determination her whole life. It was the hardest decision ever to make but ultimately the right one. I feel so empty the whole time and the house seems very quiet. We miss her terribly. And I can say she made us laugh every single day too. Must be schnauzers . They really are the best of companions. Our little girl was only 9 years old and we feel she was taken way too soon. We had so much more fun things to do with her. Life seems very unfair. The only thing holding us together is our little Molly. Zena's daughter. Molly is almost 6 and an absolute delight. Just like her mum. She is missing her but is handling it way better than we thought.
My thoughts are with you and here's hoping our little girls, both being schnauzers, meet up at the rainbow bridge and have some fun together. Take care. It's a hard road.

HI Karyn so sorry to hear about your little girl gosh two in the one week, I'm still in shock and so upset just can't stop the tears it's so heart breaking its not even a week for me & it feels a nightmare so understand what you are going through. My Suzi was still up for her walks etc & chasing the birds to the day before, we were confident she would be home, by the weekend. Unfortunately all I can see in my mind is her walking away with the surgeon that morning & the annoying bit is she wasn't scheduled for surgery until the next morning, she hadn't had anything to eat from 10pm the night before so hoping they fed her & gave her some more walks. Take care