My beautiful boy gone suddenly.

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

My beautiful boy gone suddenly.

Post by Oscar 12345 »

My beautiful mini schnauzer Oscar aged 14.5 decided to leave us last night. Ours since he was 8 weeks old, the most sensitive adorable character who will be sorely missed. He had been in good health for all his life and yesterday was no different, apart from a bit of wobbliness occasionally, almost totally deaf and doggie dementia signs, he looked absolutely fantastic for his age. Last night he stood up quickly out of his basket and started to walk towards the kitchen. Off for some water I thought. Then his legs and body began to wobble, I rushed over to steady him and lowered him to his side. He screamed for a few seconds and then was gone. Although his heart stopped and restarted several times and he continued to breathe erratically for the next 45 mins or so, I knew he had gone. Eyes wide open, no movement from them. At the emergency vet the vet confirmed that his brain had been subjected to some sort of event and we asked the vet to let him go. Now I wonder what caused it, brain bleed, tumour ??? I will never know. Did the bath I gave him in the morning trigger something? We were with him the whole time even though he went so quickly, we were with him.

Devastated doesn't it describe it as you will all be aware. It is unbearable. We were very lucky I keep telling myself.....
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Re: My beautiful boy gone suddenly.

Post by GaryThomlinson »

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear of your loss and pain. It's something many of us have experienced and know we will again. Don't blame yourself, no one lives for ever. The important part is that you had so many incredibly fantastic and long years together, remember that, Oscar will. He knows you love him, wherever he is.
Gary
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Thanks Gary, sometimes the only thing you can do is share. My husband is in bits. As much as you know this will happen, you just can't prepare for it.
Mix+Otto-RALF+Rudi
Puppy
First Name: Linda

Post by Mix+Otto-RALF+Rudi »

You know when you get your dog that you will experience their loss at some stage. What you do,not realise is the emptiness you feel, the ache in your heart. We were very lucky to have our first Mini Schnauzer Mix for 18 years, and when we had to have him put to sleep, I was totally destraught as were all family members. It is now 5 years since that day, and we now have 2 Mini Schnauzers and a Giant, they do not replace Mix, but they do make each day such a joy.
Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time, as all who have lost a pet know with time it gets a little easier, but you never forget, you just learn to deal with it. Five years on and I still think of Mix, memories are wonderful.

It's just a terrible shock for you, how quickly it happened. You had a lovely friend who you looked after and cared for, keep your head up, take each day at a time, and treasure those lovely memories.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Julie so so sorry to read this about your special boy what a shock for you all. I lost my precious girl on the 13th April it was also a big shock for us, you may have read my post, I'm devastated & heart broken & I'm sure you will be the same they are such special little dogs only Schnauzer owners know this. Last night I cried myself to sleep my Suzi made us laugh & smile 24/7. She had been such a healthy girl all her life so much so that I expected to have for a long time, she would of been 13 on the 15th May & like you had her from 8 weeks such a long time & has left a huge hole in our life just as your special boy has also. My thoughts are with you as I know exactly how you are feeling xx it's not even 3 weeks yet but it's a life sentence as far as I'm concerned.. Thinking of you xx
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Thank you for all the lovely kind words and so sorry about Suzi. It is going to be day by day I know, so ironic, all those things we thought we would like to do but couldn't because of Oscar and now without him we don't want to do any of it....

Give your schnauzers of any size an extra hug from Oscar and his Mummy and Daddy.
Al T

Post by Al T »

So, so sorry to hear your news. Be proud of the 14 years you gave him; seems as though you realise the blessing you've had in the 14 years Oscar gave you..these schnauzers really are life changing companions aren't they..

Sincerest regards

Al.
Schnauzers turn you soft in the head!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ ... ab=new_set

Al.

"If a man speaks in the forest & there is no woman to hear him.....is he still wrong"..?? !!
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

I am so very sorry you have lost your special boy, it's a heartbreaking time and the worst part of having pets. Your boy brought you so much joy and happiness, hold on to all the special memories. Thinking of you xxx

Run free Oscar O:-)
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Day 2 of life without him... looking through photos and watching videos we have taken of him helps enormously. Hubby can't bear to sit in the armchair that they used to share so often. Our routine has gone and we are trying to make a new routine.

I would encourage everyone who has a loved pet to take photos and videos if you are able. I thought it would be difficult to look at them but it isn't, it's comforting.

Many thanks for all the kind supportive words.

xx
klwurth
Puppy
First Name: Kelly

Post by klwurth »

I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been hard, so sudden. My heart tracks with yours in sadness...we lost our lovely Gilda on May 17, after 11 years. There's no feeling quite like missing her.

Love and hugs as you mourn your sweet boy, and as you cherish the memories.

Kelly
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

Sorry Julie - I have only just read your post. I am so sorry to hear you have lost your lovely boy, they leave such a huge hole in our hearts when they go and I agree with you, photos, videos do help when you can look at them. We look an hour long video of our lovely boy just before he was PTS and watching it really does help. If I dare suggest it, I would get another dog to fill the huge void - another dog with never replace Oscar but it sure does help you get back into your routine again and I am sure you have a huge amount of love to give - don't waste that, I am sure Oscar would want that to.
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Thanks Sue,

No problem with your suggestion in fact I am hoping that my puppy is being looked after in its Mum as I write. All being well I hope to have another beautiful boy early September. It is interesting that before I lost my Oscar I did think of getting different breeds in the future but as soon as I lost him I knew there was only one breed for me. I have been well and truly "schnauzered". I do miss the little one so much but the memories are all good ones now.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Oscar 12345

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Kelly

Thanks for your note and I am so sorry to hear about your Gilda....
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
woopedoop
First Name: Jean
Dog #1: Milly
Born: 06 Feb 2011
Dog #2: Molly
Born: 06 Feb 2011

Post by woopedoop »

so sorry sending love x
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Oscar 12345 wrote:Thanks Sue,

No problem with your suggestion in fact I am hoping that my puppy is being looked after in its Mum as I write. All being well I hope to have another beautiful boy early September. It is interesting that before I lost my Oscar I did think of getting different breeds in the future but as soon as I lost him I knew there was only one breed for me. I have been well and truly "schnauzered". I do miss the little one so much but the memories are all good ones now.
Hi Julie nice to read that you are considering another so soon ..so not just me I was told by my Suzi's groomer about puppies that were due but felt so guilty when she hadn't been gone two weeks it's now 10 weeks on & I miss her lots still cry every day for but she's not coming back & has left a huge gap in our life & routine. On 9th June I chose a boy he will be a special boy who is coming into my life to help my pain he won't replace her but I'm hoping he will help me...I will be posting soon when he comes to us we know when we are getting him but I was hanging off saying that I was getting another so soon.

Take care
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl