My Wilson has gone

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
Lilywilson
Puppy
First Name: Melanie

My Wilson has gone

Post by Lilywilson »

Absolutely devastated to be writing this but had to have him put to sleep last wed. Can't stop crying. Everything in the house and garden reminds me of him. I know it was the right decision as he was so unwell but it doesn't make it any easier. Having his ashes back next week so I hope I'll feel better when he's home. How does everyone cope?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: My Wilson has gone

Post by zeta1454 »

Oh Melanie I am so sorry to read your sad news.

There are no words that can ease the pain when you have just lost someone so dear to you. Try to think back on all the happy memories you have of Wilson and, if you have photos of good times with him share your stories with your family. It may bring tears but the memories keep him there in your heart for always.

Everyone copes in different ways - I still cry over our little ones who crossed the Rainbow Bridge from over ten years ago when the loss suddenly overwhelms me again. You have made the right decision out of love - never forget that and treasure your memories.

RIP Wilson and sending hugs to you and your family x
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Melanie I'm so so sorry to read that you have lost you lovely boy. It is heartbreaking I cried non stop when I lost my precious girl Suzi . I was heartbroken too, I cried all the time I even woke during the night sobbing. It is actually 2 years ago today since we lost her, she went for surgery & didn't make it. We were expecting her home & she didn't come back. . We were in shock, you keep hearing them in the house & so so much to remind you. It does help once you have their ashes home I haven't parted with Suzi's ashes as I feel if I do then I won't have her anymore & I can't part with her.

I miss her so much. I did get another as Suzi's groomer told me about puppies but we weren't sure but when the pups were born there was 5 boys so the decision was made I had had my girl & I chose a boy. It was the best decision having another eased the pain. Know it's early days for you & I know you will be hurting for a long while but take your time try & have another as it will ease the pain. I know its hard when we lose them & believe me it still hurts 2 yrs on. I have another now but he will never replace Suzi but he sure has eased the pain. Take care. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs to you all.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Lilywilson
Puppy

Post by Lilywilson »

Thank you for your messages, its absolutely heartbreaking. We have lily she is 12,and is lost without him, Wilson was 2 when we had her so he's all she's ever known, they shared a basket, she always cwtched up close to him, followed him everywhere. So sad to see her constantly looking at the door waiting for him
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Melanie, it is just the worst thing to happen, so sorry for your loss. It is truly devastating and will be very raw for you. It does get better and I get great comfort from those things that remind me of Oscar, I went from not wanting to be reminded, not wanting to talk about it, to putting together a beautiful Memory Album, taking time to select all my favourite photos and memories. That was very therapeutic and helped me a lot. The house will be so empty and your routine meaningless for a while but it will get better. You will feel comforted when Wilson is back with you in your home. I didn't last very long without a schnauzer in the house and getting Oscar's ashes back home was really important. Thoughts are with you.

RIP, run free Wilson
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

It is very hard when you are grieving and know that Lily is also suffering loss. Comfort her in any way you can and, if you have a blanket with Wilson's scent, let her sleep with it but also try to divert her with special walks out in the country or beach. It may help you both to have time together doing something you both enjoy and ease the pain of bereavement for a little while.

When we got the ashes back for our pets, we have them in the bedroom in a casket and with their photos to keep them near still. I also had memorial stones carved when each dog passed and we have them in a little garden with flowers growing around them. The stone carver I used was Inez Stoodley in Wales. The stones are all individually carved and the design modified slightly for each. I would recommend these from personal experience.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engraved-Pet ... SwT6pVugpF

Just recently I found this website too which does memorial items to wear which is another way of keeping a memory of a loved dog close to you:

https://tinkerwolf.com/collections/memorial-pieces
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

So sorry to read your sad news. Like everybody else has said, it does get easier with time and having their ashes home does help, It certainly helped my other dogs. I too have their caskets in my bedroom with me and I planted a tree for each one of them which gives me great pleasure seeing them so beautiful through the summer although Caffs tree was a Xmas tree as he was born on the 26th December. I would also suggest getting another dog when you feel the time is right to help Lily, you cannot and will not replace Wilson, but I am sure in your heart you have enough room for another fur baby and it certainly does help to ease the pain.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Wilson, I can't imagine what you are going through :(

Try and be strong.
Lilywilson
Puppy

Post by Lilywilson »

Thank you all so much, really appreciated. The beauty of schnauzers is that they are such characters and leave a huge void when they go.