The king is dead - long live the king!

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
Tobys dad
Puppy
First Name: Alan
Dog #1: Toby(Mister Majestic
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 08 Jan 2007

The king is dead - long live the king!

Post by Tobys dad »

That most dreaded and awful time of bidding farewell to your soul mate happened last Tuesday, but it has taken this long to even start to come to terms with it.... our beloved standard schnauzer Mister Majestic (Toby to all that knew him) has crossed the Rainbow Bridge....
Sunday 6th PM - all is fine. Toby is getting older we know. He has a Sunday treat of chicken. In general his water intake has been growing, he's just a little overweight (2 kgs) but he can't walk long distances like he used to. Even jumping into the car boot defeated him, but he loved to come out for a ride and I take him for short walks.

But it goes downhill from midnight and within 36 hours we are at the vets. He won't eat, and even worse he won't drink.
Toby had that look on his face that screams - I've had enough! I want release! Please.....
The vet carried out blood tests whilst we waited - but it's not good.... Liver and Kidney functions are all over the place. The prognosis is that it will only deteriorate - and quickly and painfully.
We had previously discussed what we would do in such a case - and we adamantly did NOT want him to suffer. A tearful answer was given to the vet.
The vet prepared Toby and we held him delicately in the way he loved most. The vet administered the drug but Toby passed over before she had finished - and all the while he looking into my eyes. A last thank you from the boy I loved!

We are left with a gaping hole in our lives and our hearts. Toby was our world. From our many caravan holidays including all over Spain and France each year to every other walk and day out to visit friends(even those that didn't 'do dogs' would welcome him in) - he was always there. His Union Flag Bandanna was his signature look. We miss his tap-tap on the back of our legs to say Hello. The way he knew his treat came with our coffee at 11 o'clock. Lots of little things that made him so special.
And now? We don't know if we can endure the pain again.
We will never forget our 'little man'.
Thank you Toby with all our hearts. The King is dead - Long live the king!

schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Re: The king is dead - long live the king!

Post by schnauzer »

Hi Tony, I’m sorry to read that you have lost your handsome boy, yes life with a schnauzer leaves us with so so many memories but We are also left feeling devastated as they leave a enormous gap as I found. It’s awful at this time as know exactly how much you will be hurting at the moment.
Know it’s early days but I found having another was the best for me, never a replacement but helps. Thinking about you at this very sad time, take care. X
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I'm really sorry to hear this Alan, Toby sounded like a beautiful boy and in his pictures, he certainly looked majestic, especially in that cracking bandana.

These words, although not mine, seem apt: "our loved ones never leave our side. Even if death does us apart, their souls still remain safe in our hearts".

Thinking of you at this sad time.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

So sad to hear of Toby's passing. He looks a lovely dog and it sounds as though he lived a full and active life with you until the end. You must have so many wonderful memories to treasure.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

So sorry to hear you very sad news, they do leave a huge hole in your heart when they are gone, as mentioned before, another does help heal the pain, it gives you something to focus on, but you will never forget your boy.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

We still think about Barney everyday, at the start its the pain of loss,but it does start changing to the happy memories you'll always have.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

What a gorgeous boy, so sorry for your loss. It is truly heartbreaking when you lose them.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

So sorry to read about your boy's passing. It really is the most terrible time in the lives we share with our dogs. I've now lost 3 and each time it is awful, never gets easier whether they are elderly, or not, or how long we have shared our lives with them. We just learn to put the emotions into a manageable place in our mind so we can continue to function, but they are still there, and in my case pop up when I least expect it. But I still wouldn't change a thing, the happiness outweighs the shocking pain of grief.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/