Remembering Suzi 13th April 2017

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Remembering Suzi 13th April 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Suzi 4 years ago today you left us, when we left you at the vet hospital, you were having your surgery the next morning such a heart breaking day for us, we will never forget it, little did we know what would happen but you never came home, we were expecting you home as Vet hospital were confident that they could make you better, we loved you so much & just had to try but sadly you never made it. Instead you just went for a wee sleep & never woke up so you didn't suffer. We miss you so much, we still talk about you every day & you are always in our thoughts. Hope you are having fun at Rainbow Bridge with all your friends that have since joined you.

Suzi the moment that you left me my heart split in two one side filled with memories the other side died with you.
I often lie awake at night when the world is fast asleep & take a walk down memory lane with tears upon my cheek.
Remembering you is easy Suzi I do it every day but missing you is a heartache that will never ever go away.
I hold you tightly within my heart & there you will remain. you see life has gone on without you but will never be the same Suzi.

Miss you so so much precious girl
Last edited by schnauzer on 12 Apr 2021, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Remembering Suzi 13th April 2017

Post by Dawnspell »

Its so hard its, over 2 years since we lost Barney we still miss him.

I saw a drawing the other day I've tried to recreate it in schnauzer form. It would be nice to think its Jasper and Barney, Gino and Suzi having a chat :x
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Dawnspell wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 12:50 Its so hard its, over 2 years since we lost Barney we still miss him.

I saw a drawing the other day I've tried to recreate it in schnauzer form. It would be nice to think its Jasper and Barney, Gino and Suzi having a chat :x
Alison thank you so much, it certainly doesn't get any easier for me. I feel guilty having Gino but I so needed him to ease the pain. Like the drawing

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

How time flies. Oscar was just a few weeks after Suzi and I do remember how we both came to the decision to have another around the same time. Otto reminds me all the time of Oscar, they are so different but so alike. I always think what it would have been like for them to meet but I don't think they would have got on at all lol a quick sniff and a grumble from both of them and that would be it. The more you love them the harder it is so glad that I have an Otto to help with relive those memories.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

I don’t think the heartache from the loss of a loved dog ever really leaves you. The pain comes and goes and maybe less often but is always there in the back of your mind. 4 of our mini schnauzers passed over the Rainbow Bridge in the last 12 years and every one was unique in their own way and the circumstances of their passing.

Never feel guilty for letting another dog into your life after one has gone though, you are not ‘replacing’ a lost one but sharing the love you knew with them while they lived with another canine companion and giving them a wonderful life too.

Thinking of you and sending hugs x
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

Oscar 12345 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 15:39 How time flies. Oscar was just a few weeks after Suzi and I do remember how we both came to the decision to have another around the same time. Otto reminds me all the time of Oscar, they are so different but so alike. I always think what it would have been like for them to meet but I don't think they would have got on at all lol a quick sniff and a grumble from both of them and that would be it. The more you love them the harder it is so glad that I have an Otto to help with relive those memories.
Julie, thanks yes like you I'm so glad that I got Gino when I did, in away I now think it was meant to be with her groomer telling me about his litter. Suzi made us laugh everyday with her character she was unique whereas Gino is different, may be its because I have a boy this time, though I'm glad that I chose a boy & he is so loving in a way he's more of a lapdog always by my side & always joins me on the sofa when I sit down. Yes your Otto was born on Gino's gotcha day.

schnauzer

Post by schnauzer »

zeta1454 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 17:48 I don’t think the heartache from the loss of a loved dog ever really leaves you. The pain comes and goes and maybe less often but is always there in the back of your mind. 4 of our mini schnauzers passed over the Rainbow Bridge in the last 12 years and every one was unique in their own way and the circumstances of their passing.

Never feel guilty for letting another dog into your life after one has gone though, you are not ‘replacing’ a lost one but sharing the love you knew with them while they lived with another canine companion and giving them a wonderful life too.

Thinking of you and sending hugs x
Hi Leigh thanks so much for your comforting words, yes the pain is still there for Suzi, & I just can't explain the love that I feel for Gino it just feels so so different to how I felt about Suzi she was so special as I got her when I lost my Mum to BC where as Gino came to ease the pain from losing Suzi. I certainly could not have chosen a better boy to bring into my life, he's so loving & I think is it because he's a boy? or did he know that I needed him so much, anyway he is one super boy, so friendly with everyone, from children to other dogs & is so laid back just seems to take everything in his stride. So looking forward to enjoying life when this lockdown eases & we can have a life again. Take care.