Still miss him

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
august23

Re: Still miss him

Post by august23 »

That was such a wonderful read about your special boy, We could have read about him all day long. They do steal our hearts don't they (kiss)

Your picture of him is just brilliant.
Otto Black Standard
Ruby Black Mini
wazzockmum
First Name: Suzanne
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 14 Nov 1998
Dog #2: Archibald
Born: 08 Dec 2006
Dog #3: Alfie
Born: 16 May 2010

Post by wazzockmum »

Thank you all for your lovely comments - we are fast approaching the anniversary of his death April 19 and it will be 3 years.

I still have photos of him everywhere and we even have a bench in the garden with plaque on it for him.

Why oh why do we love them so much? It is so heartbreaking to lose them but our lives are richer for it!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

It's better to have loved so truly and deeply like this...than to have never loved at all.
Pottydottie

Post by Pottydottie »

wazzockmum wrote:Thank you all for your lovely comments - we are fast approaching the anniversary of his death April 19 and it will be 3 years.

I still have photos of him everywhere and we even have a bench in the garden with plaque on it for him.

Why oh why do we love them so much? It is so heartbreaking to lose them but our lives are richer for it!
I know how you feel as i'm the same as I lost Sasha coming on 4 years now I'm the same as you
Molly (17/6/2005 - 11/9/2016) the 3 Essex girls Gemma, Dottie and Daisy Mae
wazzockmum

Post by wazzockmum »

Well five years to the day and I still think about him every day.

I am so grateful for the lovely comments on here - very comforting.

I can hardly bear to visit this part of the fourm so rarely post here.

Seeing other people's grief brings it all back.

Goodnight my King, my best friend, my little pal my big daft wazzock. X
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Not read this tribute before but it is brilliant! Floyd sounded like an adorable challenge.

I hope that today you can smile at the happy memories through your tears.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
angieh
First Name: Angie
Dog #1: Monty
Born: 28 Feb 2011

Post by angieh »

What a touching and lovely tribute to Floyd who must have been one of those very very special dogs. I laughed and cried too - your words were just so full of love for him.
Flynny
First Name: Jenette
Dog #1: Flynn
Born: 04 Oct 2009

Post by Flynny »

What a wonderful tribute. I too laughed and cried. He sounded like an amazing boy.
Flynn, P&S Mini born 4.10.2009
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

What a great tribute to your lovely boy. He sounded like a real character.

Although Rufus hasn't done a fraction of the things Floyd did, I can see he has the potential!! I think your tribute should go in the 'things to consider before getting a Giant' thread.
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

I'm trying so hard not to weep buckets reading through this - my throat hurts from the lump in it :((

It's losing a family member, like losing a child - and those people who suggest you can 'get over it' and move on, they have no heart.

I dread the day I have to make this post.

Thank you for this sharing so beautifully.
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

I've just read through your wonderful tribute again without the tears!

I just thank the lord that we don't have a cat flap, that so far we've got off lightly as ours has only removed one kitchen cupboard door, doesn't have a taste for furniture, and only nicks socks and pants to stash in the garden!

We've had several beds, none of which have lasted a month, and the last one we bought and now consigned to the shed, was very hard plastic which defeated him but he refused to sleep in it, prefering instead to drag is beeding out and sleep on the floor
wazzockmum

Post by wazzockmum »

For some reason the photo has gone? I will repost here. Thank you again for all your lovely comments - very comforting. He really was one special boy and things come back to me every day - like the time he cocked his leg on an electric fence and ran back to the car screaming. I dashed after him and he was OK just shocked - but he would never do that walk again and refused to get out of the car!

Also we tried out the electric collar fence as we have lots of land here and wanted them to be able to roam as much as possible. I was warned that they may learn to jump over the fence ( even though it is invisible). The collars worked by making a burrr burrr sound before they shocked. I was told that after 2/3 shocks they would not go near. They were right. What they were wrong about was that Floyd used to chew off Arnies collar whilst persuading Arnie to do the same for him! I would come out and find the collars in the middle of the garden and no schnauzers! They just wanted to rabbit hunt in next doors Xmas Tree Farm - which was fine but I worried that they would leave by the far gate and not come home!

Eventually I learnt that if I only put a collaron Arnie Floyd would not chew it off for him. Floyd would not go off on his own so it worked that way. Which was just as well because the collars were £120 each and supposedly indestructible. Well they sent a man out after my Giants had eaten FOUR!

One Xmas someone bought the boys jingle bell bow ties with flashing lights. We put them on. They were tartan and very smart. Then somene pressed the jingle. We laughed as both Giants forze to the spot - obviously thinking they werer electric collars!

Here is again........ PArty mode

Ingurita
Puppy
First Name: Ingrid
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 10 Jan 2012
Dog #2: Tufo
is a: P/S Std Dog
Born: 12 Jan 1998

Post by Ingurita »

What a nice way to remember him just the way he was, a happy guy with great sense of humour and freedom. Rest in piece happy boy.
wazzockmum

Post by wazzockmum »

Six years to the day and still miss him just the same...loved this one so very very much...
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

^^^ thats understandable, he was a very special boy :)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10